"old school" pc build

pii965be

so i have a bunch of old pc parts at the house, and in storage. im not sure what sum of them are, but id like to try to get a build out of the parts. i need some help figureing out what will work with wat.

MOBOs-- Asus A7NBX socket 462

Asus MZV MX socket AM2

EliteMT socket7-this thing has ISA slots....

CPUs-- AMD K6-2

Im going to storage 2marow to find the other cpus, i think i may have sum other mobos also.

I have a bunch of old ddr ram. 240 and 120pin. have a few hard drives that probly still have 95 and 98 on them. i still have both win95,98 cds so that not a problem. ill get sum pics up 2nite, and 2marow when i get to the storage.

Socket 462 is AMD for the Athlon XP CPUs in socket 462 ( I still have a few of these)

Socket 7 is BOTH Intel and AMD depending on the board... and Handle P-II Intel Socket 7 and AMD K6-2 450/500mhz CPUs

I had a couple of these crossbreed boards and gave them to a member here....

there is Also a Slot type P-II

Definitely fun to play with...

I liked playing with the Socket 7 stuff....I had Tyan boards that ran both Intel and AMD and just needed a jumper switch to run either or...those were the days

Wouldn't say your parts are exactly "old" and I'd also say, but then again neither are all mine in my 98 build... but still...hummm copy cat? :biggrin:

I say just put all the oldest parts together and see what works. lol.

Wouldn't say your parts are exactly "old" and I'd also say, but then again neither are all mine in my 98 build... but still...hummm copy cat? :biggrin:

lol, u inspired me! that socket 7 is weird lookin to me.... i never knew u could put intel/amd on a board. BTW, what are those "ISA" slots for??

LOL. I did that. I have AMD athalon classic/thunderbird (cant remember) running 212mb ddr 200 an old old nvidia card with no stickers or anything on it so no idea what it is. An 150w psu. 2 floppy drives and "High Speed" Compact Disc reader. Runs XP fine. Until i install any programs then it starts down hill. Looking for a copy of 95 or dos to put on it.

LOL. I did that. I have AMD athalon classic/thunderbird (cant remember) running 212mb ddr 200 an old old nvidia card with no stickers or anything on it so no idea what it is. An 150w psu. 2 floppy drives and "High Speed" Compact Disc reader. Runs XP fine. Until i install any programs then it starts down hill. Looking for a copy of 95 or dos to put on it.

lol. Couldn't find my copy of 95 lying around -- bet it's back in CO with some of my other old computer junk... however, did just sell a copy of ME on ebay for $10.00 last week. lol. The absolute worst OS ever!! at least from windows...