Windows Wont See Overclock

Tazman167

so im using the foxconn destroyer motherboard with the g18 bios i have to leave C&Q on or else my mobo wont let me overclock.

i have my phenom 955 set to 251 x 16 to get 4GHz CPUZ and CoreTemp see it fine at 4GHz but when i check windows 7 under

system properties it says 3.2GHz. Does the clock speed that windows sees my cpu effect my performance at all? my CPU still

got a 7.5 so i dont know whats going on help please..

so im using the foxconn destroyer motherboard with the g18 bios i have to leave C&Q on or else my mobo wont let me overclock.

i have my phenom 955 set to 251 x 16 to get 4GHz CPUZ and CoreTemp see it fine at 4GHz but when i check windows 7 under

system properties it says 3.2GHz. Does the clock speed that windows sees my cpu effect my performance at all? my CPU still

got a 7.5 so i dont know whats going on help please..

Hey there, Could you please verify what CPU you are using. Im assuming its a Phenom II x4 955 correct? Just curious but are you intentionally using the FSB to overclock? And have you ran a stability test on it to see if its ok?

<br><br>Hey there, Could you please verify what CPU you are using. Im assuming its a Phenom II x4 955 correct? Just curious but are you intentionally using the FSB to overclock? And have you ran a stability test on it to see if its ok? <br><br><br>

yeah i am intentionally using FSB so i can increase my NB frequency and i have run prime95 and its stable my cpu is at 1.376v and yes its the 955 c3