The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Too lazy to change video title name, since they are unlisted (view-able only if you have a link). Plans on working with a gaming site to provide videos, so these are I guess a sneak peek.

This game has a lot of thinks that make it look pretty, yet it has too many thinks that clutter the dang screen and make it difficult to see. Fog/smoke/haze effects that are on most maps. Lens flare from the sun. Transitioning from sunny to dark and dark to sunny environments messes with your screen like in real life (cool? yes, but not something I want when I'm getting shot at). It's got all these cool fancy effects, but they just end up making it more of an effort to play than it should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R11tzqCsvNk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrMEH8GlGOU

Edited by Krazyxazn

If you're referring to Age Rating, it can vary from region to region and country to country.

But the game says its 16 on the box and 18s on the disc... the mission where you are in the gun range is annoying as there isn't a checkpoint and I'm trying to get the Practice makes Perfect achievement... also getting killed one shot :(

They probably just used the same template to print the discs from another country by mistake.

Yeah it looks odd, it says somethng about Germany though so maybe they upped the rating there?

Shallowbay thanks for that video this is my first BF game :)

I noticed in the mission where you are a spotter or sniper whatever that before you climb the stairs Campo talks but he keeps moving his mouth after he talks...

Edited by Dan The Gamer

Yeah it looks odd, it says somethng about Germany though so maybe they upped the rating there?

Germany and Australia are more strict with games and ratings. Most developers dread dealing with their game age rating systems (usually censorship).