The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

AlexO - after you try the fresh game install let us know. If you're still having the same issue open up task manager and see if there is anything else stealing cpu cycles or memory. I know even on my rig if I'm using 50% or more of my cores on some other task (take encoding for example) mine behaves the same way. One other thing I'd recommend is running a couple 3D benchmarks like 3DMark, Heaven or Vantage etc. and see if your 3D performance is up to par on everything else except BF3.

So far tonight if I've kept the tally right you've tried,

1. A game repair

2. Punkbuster update

3. The latest DirectX redistributable

4. Installed the latest AMD drivers

5. Reviewed the Win7 event log for errors

Anything I've missed?

I got it working now

I "nuked it", as you would say. Also, running at a smooth 60fps again :P

I got it working nowI "nuked it", as you would say. Also, running at a smooth 60fps again :P

Sweet news. Congrats!

And for anyone having trouble with FXAA - this mode of AA DOES NOT mess up BF3 in any way. It's also been ported to at least a half dozen other game titles without issue.

I will play tomorrow night for a bit unless I have to go outta town I usually start around 5pm CST and play til around 7:30 or 8pm CST would like to to some coop but I suck so puggin is the only way i do it so as not to give you guys bad scores.

Was just thinking about how BF3 has no snow maps. BC2 did and I loved those maps. Hopin we get one or 2 in the next content pack. Speaking of DLC, I know they haven't announced anything. But I would assume they are going to try to give us a a lot more content than with BC2.

MW3 is doing monthly DLC so I'm sure EA/DICE will try to get a bunch of stuff out there as well. Not nearly as much, but more than the bad company games.

I tested BF3 1600x900 everything on ultra I get 30-40 fps.. not bad at all for my 460!!!!

However I pay with SSAO and 2xMSAA and 4xAnsitropic to get a bit more performance

[sOLVED] But I have a problem the FLOOR IS INVISIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! This game have many glitches as I'm watching on youtube!!!!

Any help?

Latest drivers 285.62 did the work. I had the 258.96. The ones that came with the card

Edited by loco_frags

Anyone know what the update is about today? DICE seems to be keeping it close to their vest. Hopefully it will get another large batch of hackers.

Just got my 49th unique medal today. Still need the laser designator medal, that may take a while.