ok last time 6970 or 6850 crossfire

jdm_freek

CF 6850's will be quicker than a 6970 (or any other single card) and a little cheaper than a single 6970.

If you dont want to muck around with Dual setup then recomend you get the best possible card you can afford. IMO when you start with one GPU most people never get the second card as by the time they get around to it the next generation is out and they shift to that instead.

GTX 570 is a better solution to me....just overall better performance and DX11 is better on the GTX 5xx series. I love AMD but if youre not gunna take full advantage of Eyefinity then id say go with the 570, its technically a 580, just a few little tweaks and clocking and you literally got a 580. Id say go with the radeon 6950/70 if youre working with multiple monitors and/or have a huge 2560x1600 monitor, which not alot of people have,lol. The radeons are great if youre planning on gaming at 2560x1600 and higher, so go with the 570, overclock it, and turn it into a 580, plus, we all know nvidia has phenominal drivers and SLI scaling, plus Geforce cards, especially the new 5xx's, seem to play games better with tesselations. In online benches you'll sometimes see the 6950/70 outperform the 570 but barely, dont spend the extra $150 on a 580 when you can OC a 570 close if not equal to a 580. So final verdict: 6950/70 if youre gaming on higher resolutions and 570 in just overall performance, better DX11, sli scaling, more goodies and eye candy...sure, the 69xx cards will improve when AMD's drivers mature but it goes both ways, the 570 will improve as well as nvidia's drivers stretch and grow (not that theyre bad) ,lol.

GTX 570 is a better solution to me....just overall better performance and DX11 is better on the GTX 5xx series. I love AMD but if youre not gunna take full advantage of Eyefinity then id say go with the 570, its technically a 580, just a few little tweaks and clocking and you literally got a 580. Id say go with the radeon 6950/70 if youre working with multiple monitors and/or have a huge 2560x1600 monitor, which not alot of people have,lol. The radeons are great if youre planning on gaming at 2560x1600 and higher, so go with the 570, overclock it, and turn it into a 580, plus, we all know nvidia has phenominal drivers and SLI scaling, plus Geforce cards, especially the new 5xx's, seem to play games better with tesselations. In online benches you'll sometimes see the 6950/70 outperform the 570 but barely, dont spend the extra $150 on a 580 when you can OC a 570 close if not equal to a 580. So final verdict: 6950/70 if youre gaming on higher resolutions and 570 in just overall performance, better DX11, sli scaling, more goodies and eye candy...sure, the 69xx cards will improve when AMD's drivers mature but it goes both ways, the 570 will improve as well as nvidia's drivers stretch and grow (not that theyre bad) ,lol.

If the amd one is better at higher res why wouldn't it be better at lower res too?

I am cautious of 'I love AMD' lol

By the way do you have a gfx card already?

Edited by Dan The Gamer

If the amd one is better at higher res why wouldn't it be better at lower res too?

I am cautious of 'I love AMD' lol

By the way do you have a gfx card already?

no, ordering 2 570s today :-), and about 'I love AMD'? Said that becuz this is the 1st time switching to nvidia in years, my last 4 comps have ran on ATI graphics cards, so i will always love ATI, just wanted a bit of a change. And i dont know why the 69xx cards run better on higher res's, just one of those things i guess,lol.....radeon cards are designed for high res/multiple monitor gaming, geforce 5xx cards are designed for all around gaming.