Sold one of my rigs today

cjloki

Today i sold one of my favorite rigs. It's an E8600, crowned with a Sunbeam Core Contact 120, on an Asus P5E3 Pro. 4 gigs of Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600 @ 6-8-6-24, 500 gig Cav Black and Sony Optiarc DVD Burner. Ultra 720 watt, continuous, modular PSU and an awesome XFX GTX 260 Black. It was beautifully bundled into a really nice Raidmax case that i modified for high volume air flow, myself. This has been one of the best over-clocking, and fastest machines i have ever had the pleasure of creating. I think my friend Doc got a really fantastic machine for the money and I'm glad I was able to help him play the games he loves.

I feel a little bit sorry to see it go...

I was thinking about this the other day. I am still using my first build as my main computer (more or less, anyway).

It's face has changed, but the feeling is the same.

I will be seriously sad to see it go when I upgrade to Sandy Bridge. I've had this thing for almost 4 years, and it's seen more facelifts than Pamela Anderson, but damn if I won't be sad to see her go :cry:

Original system: BFG 680i SLI, 2GB Crucial memory (667), C2D E4600, 2x 250GB Seagate HDs, Some off branded PSU, XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog 256mb, Windows XP.

Current: BFG 680i SLI, 4GB OCZ Reaper (800), C2D E8400 @ 3.6GHz, 250GB Seagate, 2x 500GB Seagates RAID 0, 1.5TB Western Digital, OCZ ModXStream Pro 700w, BFG MAXCore GTX 260 Core 216, Liquid Cooling, Windows 7.

Come to think about it... the only thing I really have a tie to now is the case and the Motherboard.. and I REALLY hate this case. :huh: