Updated Official Y-Cruncher Benchmark Thread

Andrewr05

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw, v0.5.5 supports the AVX instructions that are in the new Sandy Bridge processors...

I don't know why this thread is using v0.5.4. It seems to have been made around the same time v0.5.5 was released.

btw, v0.5.5 supports the AVX instructions that are in the new Sandy Bridge processors...

I don't know why this thread is using v0.5.4. It seems to have been made around the same time v0.5.5 was released.

I know what you mean, but when I made this thread and already had 4-5 scores uploaded you released the newest version.

I should wipe that list and start using the new version as I don't really like having to keep track of multiple versions.

UPDATED

I know what you mean, but when I made this thread and already had 4-5 scores uploaded you released the newest version.

I should wipe that list and start using the new version as I don't really like having to keep track of multiple versions.

UPDATED

Ah, so the thread was made BEFORE I released v0.5.5... I was under the impression that it came after. Well, I didn't discover this thread until a few days after I released v0.5.5.

When AVX is not a factor, v0.5.4 and v0.5.5 scores are pretty much identical. I think v0.5.5 might be a fraction of a percent faster, but it's not noticable. (and less than normal variability)

Happen to be in the middle of trying to stablize a max OC with my new bios(updated to latest version to try to fix sleep bug at high OC's, didnt help...) So i decided to quickly pump it up to my max benchmarkable OC at 4.5Ghz, here are my results!

post-73007-12973077284589_thumb.png

As you can see in the background im getting ready for the Forum Warz, lol. Was in the middle of this mess anyways so thought it would be nice to do a benchmark for fun! Incase anyone is wondering, my i7 is under air cooling. At these speeds it hits high 80's on the hottest cores, but ive never run prime for more than about 15 minutes because i was worried about sustained high temps. I doubt its very stable, but it works for benchmarks! :P