Updated Official Y-Cruncher Benchmark Thread

Andrewr05

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally someone to compete with :) I'll be back at my 4770K tomorrow. (Well it's 3:15am so today really)

I might should point out that all but the 4930K so far were done via remote login to the systems so I have no clue if that increased times much if any. 

i5 4670k @ 3.4Ghz
40d6.png

Btw, I think you got the clock speeds wrong on the 4930k and 3670k's, they seem to be running at higher clock speeds than 3.4Ghz according to CPU-Z :)

Edited by Bla

That's why I always include a pic of hw monitor, it shows how high the clock is in turbo mode.

The only issue I see with that (and honestly it becomes a clock speed confusion) is for example the 4930K was set to 4.3 max for 6 cores but 4.4 max for 3 or less in the example above. (Found that it wasn't 100% stable with a big enough and long enough load without upping volts so I dropped it to that for now) So using the HW monitor way it would say it was running @ 4.4 max though during the actual calculation it was only 4.3.  

Not that I personally care, it's about the seconds not the Ghz anyway but it gets to be an odd line when talking OCs these days.  In other news once I get done working using the 4770K rig I'll run it here, right now it's not dropping under 30% CPU usage for very long at a time.

EDIT:

And after working through the night using this PC for data recovery (seriously it's 5am here) here's the quick bench:

2ps136f.png

90% sure this one's running the 4.4 on all cores...but I reserve the right to be wrong.

Edited by cchalogamer

Here is my i7 4770k @ 4.4GHz

Competition for the rig I'm at now...

Let's go cchalogamer, take that 4930K to 4.4GHz. :P

Competition when I get back home :D  Though this one makes me feel good about Ivy-E considering I'm running slower ram, and slower clocks and it's that close. Though there's a good chance I'm near the max I can get 24/7 on this board with this CPU. (Honestly I got the CPU, board and 16GB of DDR3 1600 for around the price of the 4930K at retail so hard to complain)