Sign in to follow this  
Propane

Started a new photography site

So, as some of you know, I've been getting somewhat heavily into photography for the past few years, and just this week I decided to set up a professional level photography site to try to sell a few of my prints to help finance my growing need for new photography equipment :lol: . I just wanted to share the site with all of you and hopefully get some feedback on what you all think of the site and the pictures I've taken. I think it looks pretty slick, but I think it's always a good idea to have someone that isn't involved with it take a look.

Anyways, if you want to check it out, here is the link.

Also: please note that I don't expect anyone from here to buy anything, I'm really just looking for feedback :)

You have some great photos there dude. The site is easy to navigate and uncluttered. Kudos for getting it out there, this has been my dream for the past couple years but icant afford an DSLR yet having outgrown my p&s. :thumbsup:

You have some great photos there dude. The site is easy to navigate and uncluttered. Kudos for getting it out there, this has been my dream for the past couple years but icant afford an DSLR yet having outgrown my p&s. :thumbsup:

Thanks man! I was kinda in the same boat you were in... had outgrown a P&S but loved photography. It took me really long to save up for a DSLR but it ended up being totally worth it and it's become one of my favorite hobbies. I wish you the best of luck following your dream!

Thanks. At the rate im going i might have one by the time i graduated college, too many more important things eat into my hard earned cash. And i cant seem to sell any prints, "They are too expensive for a kids work" and all i charge is printing + 3%. awell it will be worth it eventually.

Not to rant but while im on the 'kid' thing, i walked into a wolf camera store in the mall and asked to handle a Nikon D300s (the camera i am saving for) and the guy behind the counter had the cheek to tell me "We dont let kids handle the stock." !!!!!? You can bet i wont be buying from them. </end rant>

Overall it's very well done. I'll nitpick a few things that I don't like but you may like them so whatever.

On the home page at the bottom the "Contact Me" link opens in a new tab, probably a new window but I have things set to open in a new tab. I don't think that's necessary when it's a link within your own site. I would only do new tab on external links.

The only other thing I wasn't crazy about is how the top navigation bar changes styles. That's a preference thing but I like it when the navigation is consistent from page to page.

On the bottom of every page except the home page there are two links to the login page at the bottom. I would get rid of one of them.

Those are all minor things though really. Good job.

:withstupid: I agree with the points flareback made.

Ah the need for photography equipment. I'm with you on that one (I think I will be on a never ending quest to save for new glass now that I have a proper camera to play with).

One point I might make, is that if the main reason for the site is to try and sell a few prints, then make sure you know who you are trying to sell to.

At the moment there are quite a few photos on there, and I would probably try and cut that down a bit to your "best" photos (if you can do that).

If it takes a while to pick through and find the ones that really stand out then I would think you'd sell less. Anyway, it all depends on the first point I guess (who you are trying to sell to).

Also, are you signed up to any of the major stock photo sites?

If you can take good stock that is also a way to make a bit of extra cash.