Gaming processor?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the processors, when I look to the game benchmarks, the intel i7 beats the 1900T so bad...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it does matter witch processor you have.

For example

COD 6: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/intel_corei7_2600k_and_corei5_2500k/11.htm

Those are benchmarks to compare the actual strength of each CPU, which is only when the GPU is not being stressed. If you played at lowest settings then yes it would matter. But when you play @ 1920x1200 then it doesn't matter

http://www.guru3d.com/article/phenom-ii-x6-1055t-1090t-review/16

Those are benchmarks to compare the actual strength of each CPU, which is only when the GPU is not being stressed. If you played at lowest settings then yes it would matter. But when you play @ 1920x1200 then it doesn't matter

http://www.guru3d.com/article/phenom-ii-x6-1055t-1090t-review/16

does it matter to your gpu if you got a I7 or an x6? Since a better processor handles memory better, it should also improve the performance of a state of the art gpu

Also, it seems that extra DRAM doesn't boost performance in games, but I like to game 3D (red/blue), does that need more dram or

is it completely useless to buy more than 4gigs RAM?

I think it's really the Video Cards job to render it in 3d so it uses much faster VRAM... I heard loads a games are staring to use more ram so... wait 4 person who plays actual games cause my pc is old...

My theory is that the processor is more used if there is a very good gpu thats not stressed.

for the gpu, i'm thinking of buying a HD 5970

I think you might be a little confused about what stressed means when it comes to computers.

The lower the resolution the more CPU bound the computer is when it comes to gaming. As you start to go up in resolutions the more stress gets put on the Video Card and less on the CPU.

So for example 800X600 is almost 100% dependent on the CPU, where as 2560X1600 (30" LCD) is 100% Video card. 1680X1050 is roughly about 40% CPU and 60% Video if I remember correctly, and 1920X1200 is 20% and 80% give or take. Sometimes the way games are coded can affect what I just said and go more CPU or Video based depending on the games coding but if its coded the way it should be what I said about % would be fairly close.

Hopefully that gives you a better idea.

If gaming is your thing get at least a Quad Core, and if you like the idea of the 1090T there is nothing wrong with a little future proofing.

Hope that helps you a little.

I think you might be a little confused about what stressed means when it comes to computers.

The lower the resolution the more CPU bound the computer is when it comes to gaming. As you start to go up in resolutions the more stress gets put on the Video Card and less on the CPU.

So for example 800X600 is almost 100% dependent on the CPU, where as 2560X1600 (30" LCD) is 100% Video card. 1680X1050 is roughly about 40% CPU and 60% Video if I remember correctly, and 1920X1200 is 20% and 80% give or take. Sometimes the way games are coded can affect what I just said and go more CPU or Video based depending on the games coding but if its coded the way it should be what I said about % would be fairly close.

Hopefully that gives you a better idea.

If gaming is your thing get at least a Quad Core, and if you like the idea of the 1090T there is nothing wrong with a little future proofing.

Hope that helps you a little.

A better processor might help with multi gpu scaling though right??