Sign in to follow this  
avo345

P67A-UD3 Motherboard and Intel i5-2500K Question

So, after lifting the socket lever, removing the socket cover, and placing the CPU in the socket, I put the socket brace back down and attempted to lower the socket lever.

To be fair, it worked, and I am currently typing this post from that very processor.

But it took a LOT of pressure. Like, the socket lever, which was a thin bit of metal, warped under the pressure. It has a distinct curve to it sitting in its lock notch. The CPU itself got slight dents at the edges of its heat spreader (where the tabs of the socket brace hold it in place) from the pressure.

Everything is working fine, and temps are fantastic, but do I need to be worried about this in the long run? Is there something I'm missing?

Please let me know anything you might think of ASAP so I can fix this before any potential damage occurs, or if it's fine, I'd love some reassurance/confirmation.

Thanks in advance

well, in that case, thanks to all the people who provided advice on the various posts I've made over the past couple years. My first build was a resounding success and went off without absolutely any hitches :D. I'll post some pictures when possible I suppose ^^.

I was reading newegg(Yes newegg :lol:) reviews on some MSI boards and they seem to require the most pressure of all, so you are fine :)

We wants to see them pics! :P

Yes. especially on the first seating of the CPU. Double check the cpu is in properly. Double check the cpu is in properly. Double check the cpu is in properly. Get the cheater pipe out and seat her down. :D

Just a thought. The LGA115X socket has two screws on top and a single slightly larger screw on the bottom. The strange thing is that the top plate is supposed to go under the screw at the bottom.

Edited by Sihastru

I have (almost...maybe) the same motherboard as you, and it does take a fair amount of leverage to put in place. Same thing with my old AM2+ Biostar board. Nothing out of the ordinary!