Fixedgeariain

Project: Hell

Here is what i suggest!

Motherboard- Asus P5N-T Deluxe -> Asus P8P67 Pro, Via this Combo deal at newegg.com ($294.98)

CPU- Q6600 core2quad -> Intel Core i5-2500k($229.99)

Ram- 8GB DDR2 800mhz -> Patriot DDR3-1600 8-9-8 8GB(2x4gb), Via same Combo with MoBo($0, price included with MoBo combo above)

GPU- Nividia or Radeon, cannot decide yet. -> MSI GTX560 Ti Twin Frozr II($249.99)

Total = $774.96, I know alittle over budget, but worth it! And there is a $20 MiR on that memory/Mobo combo!

Getting the GTX560 is a good idea because not only is a awesome and fairly cheap card, but when the time comes and you get a few extra bucks you can get another for SLI and have performance that is approx 25% better than a single GTX580 for the same price, and thats BEFORE overclocking! I chose the MSI version of the card due to that fact that in most reviews ive seen, they have the highest overclocks of all the 560's. If your budget had some more breathing room, personally id get the i7-2600k, Hyperthreading is really quite good these days, and the little bit larger L3 cache is nice too. Not much of a difference overall. But if I was buying a similar rig to this, id go for the i7. Also with Sandy bridge running as cool as it does, You shouldnt have any problem overclocking either the i5 or the i7 on the V6GT cooler you have, its a decent cooler. But its no Megahalems or NH-D14 haha. I see atleast 4.2Ghz in your future though.

:withstupid: Great suggestions! You will love the 2500k or 2600k no doubt :evilgrin:

Here is what i suggest!

Motherboard- Asus P5N-T Deluxe -> Asus P8P67 Pro, Via this Combo deal at newegg.com ($294.98)

CPU- Q6600 core2quad -> Intel Core i5-2500k($229.99)

Ram- 8GB DDR2 800mhz -> Patriot DDR3-1600 8-9-8 8GB(2x4gb), Via same Combo with MoBo($0, price included with MoBo combo above)

GPU- Nividia or Radeon, cannot decide yet. -> MSI GTX560 Ti Twin Frozr II($249.99)

Total = $774.96, I know alittle over budget, but worth it! And there is a $20 MiR on that memory/Mobo combo!

Getting the GTX560 is a good idea because not only is a awesome and fairly cheap card, but when the time comes and you get a few extra bucks you can get another for SLI and have performance that is approx 25% better than a single GTX580 for the same price, and thats BEFORE overclocking! I chose the MSI version of the card due to that fact that in most reviews ive seen, they have the highest overclocks of all the 560's. If your budget had some more breathing room, personally id get the i7-2600k, Hyperthreading is really quite good these days, and the little bit larger L3 cache is nice too. Not much of a difference overall. But if I was buying a similar rig to this, id go for the i7. Also with Sandy bridge running as cool as it does, You shouldnt have any problem overclocking either the i5 or the i7 on the V6GT cooler you have, its a decent cooler. But its no Megahalems or NH-D14 haha. I see atleast 4.2Ghz in your future though.

99% agree :thumbsup:

thats the same psu that I have. I think you will be very happy with it

I know I will be, Got it slapped into my rig on Saturday, my cable sleeving came that the girlfriend bought me, I guess red= Pink and most of it fell apart when trying to get it over some cables.

So there's that.

I was looking into the Asus p67 thermal armor mobo, it looks like it will match the style of my build, although I am pretty sure I am going to be going with the combo stuff posted above.

Worklog notes 01/31/2011-

Noticed a case that I've never seen before, Danger Den's Double wide 21.

Wondering if I can get that in a tower 29 model.

Also started looking into the water cooling options out there, possibly going to start buying the parts over a course of the summer.

Going to go with the posted suggestion above on the CPU/Mobo/Ram combo, GPU will come later, going to do 2 loops possibly if I do the Danger Den case, possibly 3 loops if I do sli, (red, blue, red)

I have no clue, I want a Danger Den Case!

Corsair PSU installed, No pictures lazy.

Pictures to come this weekend of current start of cable management and such.

Had an issue with the Corsair PSU (it stopped powering on..) So I swapped it out for a different model (Ultra x-4 750w modular)

Just a little case pr0n for you, with my jumbled attempt at cable management.

2871zsh.jpg

PBR and wire weaving don't mix.

16bdff7.jpg

Last one for now.

drdyye.jpg

That doesn't sound like a Corsair to me - very unusual for a PSU of that brand to stop working..hmmm :huh:

That doesn't sound like a Corsair to me - very unusual for a PSU of that brand to stop working..hmmm :huh:

Open box item at compusa.

they threw a massive fit when I tried to return it

Welcome to the Systemax version of comp usa some people thought it was bad before they bought it and closed all the retail stores but I will never buy from them again as I have never trusted Systemax at all

Welcome to the Systemax version of comp usa some people thought it was bad before they bought it and closed all the retail stores but I will never buy from them again as I have never trusted Systemax at all

Went to Compusa today to complain about the HORRIBLE service I got the other day (employee told me to F&ck myself)

Got a 25 inch monitor for $100 even as a consolation, as well a corsair memory cooler for about $10.00

picture of my current set up of monitors and such

photofeb07122627am.jpg

New desk tomorrow, as well as placed on the other side of the room.

:3

Lol! What a fail response from an employee...if I were his boss I'd probably fire him on the spot. Seriously dumb :pfp:

So what parts have you yet to buy and what are you still waiting for to come in?

Edited by Alexandre