Project: Hell

Fixedgeariain

Lol! What a fail response from an employee...if I were his boss I'd probably fire him on the spot. Seriously dumb :pfp:

So what parts have you yet to buy and what are you still waiting for to come in?

Right now the purchase of my new desk has pushed back the cpu/gpu/mobo/ram

That's all I have yet to buy, I just got a 10,000 RPM raptor 160gb yesterday in trade for my Thermaltake V9 Black

So I have that to install here, debating whether to install that as a boot drive or just buy an SSD for boot and run raid 0 to my 1tb.

Not too sure on that yet, desk is today gotta drive down to Gainesville and get it after work, which is the better part of two hours south.

This next paycheck is going towards a convention I am attending in Atlanta that I really want to go to so $400.00+ is spoken for (hotel,entrance,food,booze..)

I am leaning towards the x58 thermal armor board as it looks sexy as all hell.

The nvidia card that was recommended to me will be the one I wind up snagging.

I need to really save some cash, and I might be moving soon so I need to budget myself so I am not dumping dollar after dollar into my rig, and try to secure some cash for an apartment if I need one soon.

edit: added my Compusa story

Okay so, I went into Compusa to replace my PSU, had a TON of issues returning the open box corsair that I had bought. Noticed a 25 inch open box screen that was just missing it's cables. Asked an older gentlemen (who was a manager) for help with the monitor. He rudely explained to me that "I will only be able to take 5% off that thing, go find one in a box" I asked him how much it was again, he grumbled and walked away. I followed him and he asked "are you still here?" FINALLY got him to look up the price and he rudely said "here see? go find one in the box" I said no and that I wanted to buy it for the price he had. The manager then walked off again, so I followed him AGAIN, he turned around and asked me "What the hell do you want?" I explained that I would like assistance in choosing a 25-30 inch monitor in the box. He then turned red and snapped(?) "I am a very busy man right now, please go play your childish games elsewhere" I asked to speak to his manager as I have spent well over $2-3k in this store, this older manager then told me to "crap off, we don't want your business, please leave my store"

I emailed the company the next day, explained what happened. The store's general manager called me back and invited me back to the store, apparently that was the 3rd complaint about him that week, the store's GM offered me the monitor for $100, and the corsair memory cooler for $15, and gave me a "manager" coupon good for 25% off my next purchase (total purchase not single item) as he checked over my account and asked how my HAF932 was doing, as well as the other stuff I

ve purchased from the store.

In the end, I really only blame the one guy that was rude to me, but compusa has a history of employees avoiding those of us that look like we know what we are doing.

I was also offered a job by the manager of that store on the weekends, heh.

If I didn't already work 8-5 mon-fri and 8:30-4:00pm friday, I would take him up on it for some pocket change and the discount.

lol

Edited by Fixedgeariain

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have decided I will be selling my HAF932 and getting the corsair 800D soon.

After I upgrade my CPU/MOBO/RAM

(anyone have any deals going on here? >.>)

I fell in love with the case after seeing it in person on Saturday, so until tax return's come back and when the wife isnt looking I will be snapping it up.

looks awesome. I've got the blue version of the 932 on its way right now!! hehehe should be here Friday. So excited for the airflow!!! and BluePanda can stay a blue panda. lol

Nice, I seem to be having an issue with my system all of a sudden.

Thing keeps hard freezing randomly, trying to troubleshoot it before I do anymore work on the inside.

I am thinking it's a memory channel, Once I get home I will be running memtest, and checking my BIOS, replacing my CMOS battery.

It's getting annoying to be in WoW and have the system freeze 100% when I am in the middle of a boss fight!

lmfao

• 1 month later...

Fixed, your computer looks fantastic! That must be alotta fun doing, hope your enjoying it as much as i am looking at it lol.

dont go for the nvidia TI series, they suck.

get a gtx 460, which costs as much as a ti, but faster

GTX550 TI is probably slower than an 460... but a GTX 560 ti is way faster than a 460. So whats your point??