Fixedgeariain

Project: Hell

This rig is finished.

I am going to be giving it to my girlfriend to begin building my dream machine "Purgatory"

Hell is complete.

----Current parts----

ASUS Asus P5N-T Deluxe- $120

X-4 750W modular PSU- $110

8GB DDR2 800mhz ram (g-skill+corsair)- Free

Q6600 -free

750GB HDD- $64

160GB raptor- Free/traded for

Nvidia 9600gtx (2) $140 total

V6GT cooler- $60

Corsair ram fan- $15

HAF932- $145

--------

Before I registered here, I had moved from a Thermaltake V9 black edition to the HAF 932. (which will be for sale soon)

I also replaced the horrible stock CPU cooler with a Cooler Master V6GT.

Current Budget: $750.00 as of 01/28/2011

Current upgrade needs: (Tax refund please get here soon!)

--------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard- Asus P5N-T Deluxe to ?

CPU- Q6600 core2quad to ?

Ram- 8GB DDR2 800mhz to ? DDR3

PSU- purchased $110.00 free shipping. 01/28/2011

GPU- Nividia or Radeon, cannot decide yet.

----------------------------------------------------------

Current worklog:

Sleeve/heatshrink all cables.

Replace PSU

Read reviews until I pick/purchase a mobo/cpu/gpu

---------------------------------------------------------

Waiting on red sleeving kit from Amazon.

Waiting on PSU from Amazon.

Current list of needed parts on Amazon.

(current subtotal- $1,047.64)

Link to my wishlist.

Once those are complete I can begin "Project: Toxic" for Mrs. FixedGear.

(sneak preview- Tons of U.V lighting/reactive stuff, and clear case.)

Pictures and more to come as soon as I take new ones and order hardware!

Edit: added budget and such because I forgot it :P

edit2: Updated budget, updated info on current system specs/parts.

Edited by Fixedgeariain

Can't wait to see what this will look like. Btw, go for the nvidia. :biggrin:

$750 as of right now.

All I need is mobo/gpu/ram/cpu.

do you want to go amd or intel? also will you be overclocking? and what will it be mostly used for? gaming? video's? photo editing? web surfing?

do you want to go amd or intel? also will you be overclocking? and what will it be mostly used for? gaming? video's? photo editing? web surfing?

Gaming, light music remixing.

Leaning towards Intel/Nvidia.

I already have another machine I do all my music stuff on (Macbook Pro)

Mostly a gaming powerhouse!

:D

Here is what i suggest!

Motherboard- Asus P5N-T Deluxe -> Asus P8P67 Pro, Via this Combo deal at newegg.com ($294.98)

CPU- Q6600 core2quad -> Intel Core i5-2500k($229.99)

Ram- 8GB DDR2 800mhz -> Patriot DDR3-1600 8-9-8 8GB(2x4gb), Via same Combo with MoBo($0, price included with MoBo combo above)

GPU- Nividia or Radeon, cannot decide yet. -> MSI GTX560 Ti Twin Frozr II($249.99)

Total = $774.96, I know alittle over budget, but worth it! And there is a $20 MiR on that memory/Mobo combo!

Getting the GTX560 is a good idea because not only is a awesome and fairly cheap card, but when the time comes and you get a few extra bucks you can get another for SLI and have performance that is approx 25% better than a single GTX580 for the same price, and thats BEFORE overclocking! I chose the MSI version of the card due to that fact that in most reviews ive seen, they have the highest overclocks of all the 560's. If your budget had some more breathing room, personally id get the i7-2600k, Hyperthreading is really quite good these days, and the little bit larger L3 cache is nice too. Not much of a difference overall. But if I was buying a similar rig to this, id go for the i7. Also with Sandy bridge running as cool as it does, You shouldnt have any problem overclocking either the i5 or the i7 on the V6GT cooler you have, its a decent cooler. But its no Megahalems or NH-D14 haha. I see atleast 4.2Ghz in your future though.

Here is what i suggest!

Motherboard- Asus P5N-T Deluxe -> Asus P8P67 Pro, Via this Combo deal at newegg.com ($294.98)

CPU- Q6600 core2quad -> Intel Core i5-2500k($229.99)

Ram- 8GB DDR2 800mhz -> Patriot DDR3-1600 8-9-8 8GB(2x4gb), Via same Combo with MoBo($0, price included with MoBo combo above)

GPU- Nividia or Radeon, cannot decide yet. -> MSI GTX560 Ti Twin Frozr II($249.99)

Total = $774.96, I know alittle over budget, but worth it! And there is a $20 MiR on that memory/Mobo combo!

Getting the GTX560 is a good idea because not only is a awesome and fairly cheap card, but when the time comes and you get a few extra bucks you can get another for SLI and have performance that is approx 25% better than a single GTX580 for the same price, and thats BEFORE overclocking! I chose the MSI version of the card due to that fact that in most reviews ive seen, they have the highest overclocks of all the 560's. If your budget had some more breathing room, personally id get the i7-2600k, Hyperthreading is really quite good these days, and the little bit larger L3 cache is nice too. Not much of a difference overall. But if I was buying a similar rig to this, id go for the i7. Also with Sandy bridge running as cool as it does, You shouldnt have any problem overclocking either the i5 or the i7 on the V6GT cooler you have, its a decent cooler. But its no Megahalems or NH-D14 haha. I see atleast 4.2Ghz in your future though.

Dang, Thanks a ton man. I will look into this!

I am the kind that reviews each part on 4 different websites before I click the "make me $x much poorer" button.

I was just reading about that card as well, from its specs and such it looks beastly.

I really appreciate your post! :thx:

Dang, Thanks a ton man. I will look into this!

I am the kind that reviews each part on 4 different websites before I click the "make me $x much poorer" button.

I was just reading about that card as well, from its specs and such it looks beastly.

I really appreciate your post! :thx:

Good man! You SHOULD read a bunch of reviews before you decide on what to get. You can find reviews on those sandy bridge i5/i7 and on that MSI GTX560 right here on OCC, they are still on the front page i believe.

Good man! You SHOULD read a bunch of reviews before you decide on what to get. You can find reviews on those sandy bridge i5/i7 and on that MSI GTX560 right here on OCC, they are still on the front page i believe.

While sitting between DNS pointing trouble tickets and general "OMGHELP" stuff at work I've been reading up all I can about everything all day.

I've loved OCC forever.