Sign in to follow this  
Onion

[Worklog] Redoing Main Rig

Doing a case swap with rig 1 and rig 2 in sig, and redoing my wc loop. My stuff from petra's tech came today.

2 Yates, 88 cfm and 40 dba for use with my fan controller. Here are the old fans, only 72 cfm for 37 dba, not too good.

DSC_0129-1.jpg

Gel-stuff (feels like silicon) for vibration reduction on my mcp-655 pump. Also, 4 12" sleeved 3 pin fan extension cables.

DSC_0130-1.jpg

And I snagged 2 12" cathodes for only 6 bucks. :D

DSC_0131-1.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

More to come soon, my tubing should be here tomorrow.

Edited by l33t p1mp

I'm already seeing temperature improvements with the yate loon fans. Right now, my 3rd core drops as low as 37 when idling, something my other fans couldn't even DREAM to do with my AC on, and on a fresh boot. I just got done playing black ops, and it's already that low. I'll do some stress testing later, since I know that idle temps don't mean much.

Edit: At a glance, the difference is clear. With my 2 other fans on low, I hit 79 degrees on 2 of my cores playing black ops (forgot to turn the fans on high). Right now, with OCCT going (higher load than black ops) and both yates on low, I'm only at 66-63-65-61. Fans on high, I'm getting 63-58-64-58.

Edited by l33t p1mp

This belongs in the worklog's section more than in the case and psu section

It has been moved where it will get more views

I dont know much about wcing but isn't 79(even with fans on low) a bit high for water? Now as i said idk much about wcing but from others temps i would have thought that was a bit high.

It is a bit high for water, but there were a few factors affecting that, increasing the temperature. I had been playing black ops for a few hours, and black ops is notoriously cpu hungry. Also, my radiator was pretty dusty, my old fans don't fare too well at low rpms, my AC wasn't on, and I live in Miami (hot day).

Update on the rig: STILL no info about the tubing I ordered on TUESDAY. Their website says it's been shipped, but USPS has absolutely no information about my tracking number. Doesn't even show a check in... I'm really hoping it's just a mistake and I'll have my tubing this afternoon. :nyea:

Ah okay.

USPS is normally quite reliable, but there tracking system sucks.(sometimes) Also i dont know about where you live but out here they only do morning delivery.

I live in South Florida. I’m not sure when the USPS guy comes by, since I’m at school all day. All I know is that when he comes by, my stuff is here by the time I get home. :P I'll try keeping my head up and hoping it comes today. :teehee:

Edited by l33t p1mp

Awesome, my tubing came today. Time to get to work.

DSC_0133.jpg

Draining the old loop.

DSC_0134-1.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

My cpu block.

DSC_0136.jpg

And the bottom of said block.

DSC_0137.jpg

And as I open it up, ew, this thing needs a good scrub.

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

A toothbrush, alcohol, distilled water, and 5 minutes later, starting to look better.

DSC_0140.jpg

The bottom is still a bit tarnished though...

DSC_0141.jpg

Nothing a little ketchup won't fix.

DSC_01421.jpg

There we go, almost looks like a new one.

DSC_01422.jpg

Now it's time to tear apart the rigs. Good thing my faithful helper is here to give me advice.

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

Rig 2 has been dismantled.

DSC_0145.jpg

Rig 1 is on it's way.

DSC_0146.jpg

My "workstation."

DSC_0147.jpg

I don't have pictures for the rest of what I did today, but as of now, both rigs have been dismantled, and the components of rig 1 have been put into the antec 900. Right now I'm doing some tests with the old tubing to see if the angles are ok. I'm having a hell of a time finding a spot for the pump with this massive 11 inch video card...