Motherboard or Processor problem??

Hey guys, I recently built a new computer. It's currently running Windows 7 Ultimate. I'm using an 850w Corsair Modular PSU, Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 Motherboard and the AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Processor.

When I'm not using my computer anymore, I'll just leave it alone and it'll go to sleep after 30 minutes of non-use. Sometimes when I "wake" it up (by clicking on the mouse), everything turns back on but it won't go back into Windows. The light indicating my hard drive is working just stays on (it isn't even blinking). I have to turn off my PSU and even then, it wouldn't boot up. I had to turn it on and off a few times for it to boot up again. And just recently, I noticed that my processor fan wasn't turning on either. I don't know if that has been the case these past few times it's happened.

But what I want to know is what the problem is? Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, I recently built a new computer. It's currently running Windows 7 Ultimate. I'm using an 850w Corsair Modular PSU, Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 Motherboard and the AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Processor.

When I'm not using my computer anymore, I'll just leave it alone and it'll go to sleep after 30 minutes of non-use. Sometimes when I "wake" it up (by clicking on the mouse), everything turns back on but it won't go back into Windows. The light indicating my hard drive is working just stays on (it isn't even blinking). I have to turn off my PSU and even then, it wouldn't boot up. I had to turn it on and off a few times for it to boot up again. And just recently, I noticed that my processor fan wasn't turning on either. I don't know if that has been the case these past few times it's happened.

But what I want to know is what the problem is? Thanks in advance.

Check that everything is plugged in correctly including all the power plugs, CPU fan plug and make sure the cooler (what is your cooler?) is sitting correctly as it could be that the CPU is overheating because it isn't getting adequate cooling.

This task is a bit of a no brainer I know but I have seen many problems that have been due to incorrect connections and/or bad cooling.

Edited by Alexandre

Check that everything is plugged in correctly including all the power plugs, CPU fan plug and make sure the cooler (what is your cooler?) is sitting correctly as it could be that the CPU is overheating because it isn't getting adequate cooling.

This task is a bit of a no brainer I know but I have seen many problems that have been due to incorrect connections and/or bad cooling.

60% of the issues that I see are from loose/unplugged cables. It's a legitimate problem.

I'd say that it's a motherboard problem.

When you say it "won't boot back up", does the motherboard POST? Do you get any beep code?

Nothing shows up on the screen. No BIOS or anything. No beeping.

It's currently using the stock fan and everything is plugged in correctly. First thing I checked.

It's currently using the stock fan and everything is plugged in correctly. First thing I checked.

It sounds like a motherboard problem to me.

Have you tried clearing CMOS yet? Sometimes, and unstable OC can cause a motherboard to not POST.

Have you got an overclocked CPU? Tried clearing CMOS?

EDIT: haha too quick for me iskout :P

Edited by Alexandre

It sounds like a motherboard problem to me.

Have you tried clearing CMOS yet? Sometimes, and unstable OC can cause a motherboard to not POST.

Have you got an overclocked CPU? Tried clearing CMOS?

EDIT: haha too quick for me iskout :P

No, I am not overclocking. Everything is at the regular clock speed. I guess I have to get a new motherboard then.

No, I am not overclocking. Everything is at the regular clock speed. I guess I have to get a new motherboard then.

I'd try contacting Asus' customer support first. You might not need to buy a new one, since your board might still be under warranty.