Sign in to follow this  
CheGuevara

The Best Cooler

I've had great luck with the Zalman 7000 copper sink. You'd be surprised how well it compares to some louder cooling solutions. It really depends on how much airflow you have in your case (how well this sink works) but it has a nice smooth surface and gets really good contact with the CPU the way its mounted.

Heck, I had to use a Compusa 20 dollar copper sink one weekend (thats all I could find at 6:45pm on a saturday) and it worked pretty well, even with a dent in the face of it.. Come to think of it, I have to get a refund for that sucker one of these days..

I've been very impressed with the reviews of the Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu, and that's what I'm going to get. I've always liked the ThermalTake coolers but I can't stand the high-pitched whine of their fans. I don't mind the low-pitched whoosh of a fan, but those Tt fans sound like a 747 hitting the turbos on takeoff.

I've been very impressed with the reviews of the Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu, and that's what I'm going to get. I've always liked the ThermalTake coolers but I can't stand the high-pitched whine of their fans. I don't mind the low-pitched whoosh of a fan, but those Tt fans sound like a 747 hitting the turbos on takeoff.

not all of them the smartfan does yes, but the silent boost is very very quite w/ no wine.

Right, I understand they ALL aren't that way; my Dragon Orb 4 was like that, as was my friend's old Orbs. Said friend also has the Tt Xaser III with (I think) 8 Smart Fans. I don't know why they call them Smart Fans, as they are always running wide open and loud as hell. Maybe he doesn't have them configured right; maybe his system is running that hot. When I'm on the phone with him and he's sitting at his computer, I can barely hear him.

My brother-in-law has the Spark 7+ and it makes the same whine as my Dragon Orb 4. I haven't checked out the Silent Boost or the Volcanos.

tehj volcanos have smart fans on them as well but like i said teh silent boosts don't and they are called smart fans because u can set them up to use a thermal probe and it will varie the speed according to the temp, most likely he doesn't have the thermal probes on them.

tehj volcanos have smart fans on them as well but like i said teh silent boosts don't and they are called smart fans because u can set them up to use a thermal probe and it will varie the speed according to the temp, most likely he doesn't have the thermal probes on them.

You're probably right; he might not have the probes hooked up correctly. I don't mind a loud case, but jeeeeeez his is noisy! Eight Smart Fans plus his CPU cooler makes quite the racket!

But anyway, back on topic. I'm ordering the Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu today. I'm sure this will be better cooling for my CPU over my Dragon Orb 4.

The cooler that Special_K posted looks sweet! Hmm.... now I'm confused! :huh:

I would get a SP-97 with a 92MM Tornado for an AMD, or a SP-94 with a 92MM Tornado for an Intel.  This would be my choice if noise wasn't an issue.  Silent...well...I'm not sure, I never have been the silent type :D

me neither i have a tornado running fullspeed always lol, even when im sleeping.

i think everyone agrees with a thermalright hsf solution, quiet or loud because u pic the fan

Edited by sYstEmATiC

me neither i have a tornado running fullspeed always lol, even when im sleeping.

i think everyone agrees with a thermalright hsf solution, quiet or loud because u pic the fan

i'm totally the opposite i love a nice quite case even these cheap case fans annoy me i am thinking abotu switching all my case fans to vantec slealths and i already have a silent boost that will be up and running soon. 21 dba, my kinda noise. as for how loud ur friends case is tempsta i know the sound of one TT Smartfan but i don't want to know the sound of 8 nope just don't, i bet it keeps it nice and cool though because they can push some air.

You'd be surprised, Sly. His doesn't really run that cool. I think it's either because he has the directing wrong on some of his fans, or the fact that his case is so messy. We all know that neatening up your wiring can make a big difference in airflow, and his are just laying there helter-skelter.

Yes, 8 Smart Fans + running full speed = very loud PC!

no doubt man. i was thinking of doing that and then painting them balck or put some uv paint on them but the nose would still just be too much even on low so i think i am gonna replace even these case fans with vantec stealths.