Is there any ethical way to do this?

ebarone

I cant just toss my own router on, doing so disables TV services. This is dumb, I'm being held back from updating my computer hardware because I'm unable to update my router?? Do they give you a new one if you spill beer on it? Because its not all that far fetched, the router is right next to the table where I set my drinks :P

Try plugging in your wireless n router into your old fios router should work just turn off the wireless feature in the fios router and depending on how the routers is setup you may have to disable DHCP in one of them.

Edited by fire_storm

Open it up and snip some wires or desolder some things! I would do it. Them charging $130 is the unethical thing.

:withstupid: :withstupid:

If there's no way to know you opened it, I'd just zip a soldering iron around and loosen up some of the points and then put it back together

WOW Three pages on how to get a n modem out of fios.......Seems like a pretty big waste of space to me. Go down to best buy and get one for very short money that will have 10 times the options that the one verizon will give you. Done...

I cant just toss my own router on, doing so disables TV services. This is dumb, I'm being held back from updating my computer hardware because I'm unable to update my router?? Do they give you a new one if you spill beer on it? Because its not all that far fetched, the router is right next to the table where I set my drinks :P

I don't know, WD replaced my dad's 750gb hard drive when he spilled beer on it. :lol:

Like you said though, it's right next to the table with the drinks and it's not like you have the best coordination when you're drinking either. ;)

All I can say is I hope verizon doesn't see this thread. :P

• Like 1

WOW Three pages on how to get a n modem out of fios.......Seems like a pretty big waste of space to me. Go down to best buy and get one for very short money that will have 10 times the options that the one verizon will give you. Done...

yeah but he doesn't want the "Best Buy" option, he wants the "Best Free" option :teehee:

All I can say is I hope verizon doesn't see this thread. :P

I work for Verizon, I'm gonna go tattle if you all don't buy me a 2600K build :evilgrin:

'Accidentally' screw up a firmware upgrade and insist that you thought you could upgrade to Wireless N through a new firmware.

Well oops, it turns out that you can't and this one is broken... bummer...

First tell them that you keep having problems with it and you have to plug and unplug it constantly to get it to work.

If they care about you as a customer that should be enough.

If not tell them that you are just going to discontinue service....that should do it.

If not place it in an old microwave for 20 seconds :evilgrin:

The microwave is also good for CDs and DVDs but 3 seconds is enough, turn off the lights for the show! :teehee:

I said before, I cant. Doing so will disable a bunch of the TV services like On Demand. I'm thinking I'll tell them my wireless just doesnt work and ask for a new one, that seems better to me than wrecking the hardware since I cant use wrecked hardware in the time between the beer spilling and them sending me a new router :D