Duke Nukem Forever Trailer is everything we want!

greengiant912

tl;dr

??? :dunno:

Too long; didn't read.

That's fair. I grant you completely that it was pretty long. I can sum it up pretty easily though. DNF should never be confused with a game suitable for kids. ME 1&2 could possibly. So DNF shouldn't be attacked as that makes the attacker an idiot for not realizing the obvious. ME, I still wouldn't attack, but can see why it could slip through parental cracks.

Is that better, Clay?

Too long; didn't read.

That's fair. I grant you completely that it was pretty long. I can sum it up pretty easily though. DNF should never be confused with a game suitable for kids. ME 1&2 could possibly. So DNF shouldn't be attacked as that makes the attacker an idiot for not realizing the obvious. ME, I still wouldn't attack, but can see why it could slip through parental cracks.

Is that better, Clay?

Cheers for the explanation mate....my skills in acronym recognition are generally pretty good but that one had me stumped... :cheers:

Too long; didn't read.

Is that better, Clay?

Yes, that's better, thank you. It was more that you had a big huge blob of text. Break it up a little next time and maybe people will be more inclined to read it :P

Yes, that's better, thank you. It was more that you had a big huge blob of text. Break it up a little next time and maybe people will be more inclined to read it :P

I read it :erm:

I'm surprised because I usually don't read el blockos

Too long; didn't read.

Is that better, Clay?

TLDR is pretty much why I didn't comment on that video, I just had way too much to say. Also, FOX is a bunch of idiots regardless of what game they chose to whine about. DNF isn't any different from ME to a parent or grandparent, they don't know anything about the games. That's the exact reason for why we have a rating system, so parents don't have to understand a game to know if they want their kids to play it or not. They can simple look at the box and see an M in the corner and think "ummm... ya, that's probably not a good choice for my 14 year old". ME has this rating, their isn't any good excuse for why it might slip through the parental cracks. :lol:

The people on Fox are just full of poo, they talk off the top of their heads because they get paid to send out a certain message about certain things. This is how news networks operate, whether they be catholic, jewish, muslim, republican, democratic, liberal, or whatever, they just want people to see things their ways. You can see in that video how they acted towards him during that interview about the game, like when he asked if they had played the game, they laughed at him, they don't take him seriously or treat him with respect because that helps their side of the argument, just by talking down at him they can make their target audience think they're right.

I personally played a lot of games that I wasn't considered mature enough for at the time when I was very young. I started playing video games at around the age of 7 or 8 and some of the first games I played were Wolfenstein 3D, Catacombs, Redneck Rampage, Duke Nukem 3D, Diablo, Diablo 2, Warcraft 2, DOOM, Quake, and more that I can't think of. Point is, I don't think any of those were appropriate for my age level but it didn't really screw me up as a person because my parents did their job and helped me understand that they were just games.

Anyway, I'm sure what I've said here is TLDR for most anyway so I'm not too worried about what others might think about what I have to say. :lol:

That's alright, I blame greengiant. I don't understand why he created a thread about DNF trailer and then had to link to some crap about ME on Fox News. Completely pointless.

I wondered where the hell you all were getting the stuff about Fox to harp on them. :lol: I don't click links much at all so I was a bit clueless as to where all the junk about Fox came in from.

As to the trailer, hell yes. Game looks good, looks to be just like the Duke games of old but improved upon in a lot of ways. I just hope they have localized multiplayer. I always use to play Duke Nukem on the LAN at one of my friend's dad's work. We'd get set up at the computers in his office and be far apart from each other so no one could look over and see where the other was. Lots of fun gun battles... man I miss LAN support in games.

All I've got to say is...

"Hell, I'd still hit it"

haha I was going to post that too. I laughed out loud watching that. Looks like I know what I'll be trying out this summer. Looks like everything you could ever ask for in a video game.

...Looks like everything you could ever ask for in a video game.

Except for good gameplay, good controls, an immersive plot... :P I don't know if I'll ever get the game, but I will have access to the demo when it is released so I'll play that much at least.

Edited by Guest_Jim_*