Sign in to follow this  
dario_92

Laptop wont charge

I have had my laptop for about 3 years now, and it has recently just stopped charging :dunno: is there any chance that the charger could be at the end of its life ?

most likely the battery is bad

if you plug it in can you turn the computer on and work? or does it not turn on at all

i tried without the battery in sorry, and it still never powered. However when i twisted the charge lead and pressed it in it charges then ?

i tried without the battery in sorry, and it still never powered. However when i twisted the charge lead and pressed it in it charges then ?

Sounds like a bad connection. Either your charger (the part you plug into the computer) is getting worn down (and thusly, needs to be replaced.) orrrrr, your laptop could possibly have the same problem with it's connector (where it connects to the charger.) Sometimes these get messed up...

On my old HP I had the same problem, because it was a goofy connection. I got a new charger and it was perfectly fine afterwards.

Edited by Locutus

Sounds like a bad connection. Either your charger (the part you plug into the computer) is getting worn down (and thusly, needs to be replaced.) orrrrr, your laptop could possibly have the same problem with it's connector (where it connects to the charger.) Sometimes these get messed up...

On my old HP I had the same problem, because it was a goofy connection. I got a new charger and it was perfectly fine afterwards.

I got HP too :whistling:

yeah ive noticed my charger almost feels loose when i plug it in, but when it was new it seemed snug, never even thought about it till you pointed it out.

both of mine are dell though

Edited by camaro_dude15

yeah ive noticed my charger almost feels loose when i plug it in, but when it was new it seemed snug, never even thought about it till you pointed it out.

both of mine are dell though

i would look into a new charger just to make sure if you know what i mean :thumbsup: