Official Bored at Class/Work Thread

doopypeanut

I feel so wasted at school. lol...someone get me out of here.

I can't tell you how many times I said this in college. Different meaning, but still the same sentiment haha

I'm currently at work waiting for people to respond to me trying to help them. I swear, if people would just use the communication channels and pay attention to them I would be a lot more productive.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't tell you how many times I said this in college. Different meaning, but still the same sentiment haha

I'm currently at work waiting for people to respond to me trying to help them. I swear, if people would just use the communication channels and pay attention to them I would be a lot more productive.

Honestly, school's boring the . out of me. Junior in high school. Sad as ..

What do you work as anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

Teacher's top 10 rejected mips instructions (not real, language filter messed it up a bit):

10. blt - the tastiest instruction

9. sl&t - oops typo, sltu

8. sad - shift and add

8a. a#$- arithmetic shift and sum

7. hacf - half and catch fire

6. bnr - branch for no reason

5. bra - branch to return address

4. s^x - sign extend

3. orge - or, greater than or equal to

3a. orge - alternative menmonic

2. screw - scramble register and write

1. screwu - scramble register and write, unsigned

Edited by Krazyxazn

Honestly, school's boring the . out of me. Junior in high school. Sad as ..

What do you work as anyway?

I'm an Information Technology Support Analyst which is a fancy way of saying I fix broken crap all day . I work at the University of Arizona which is also where I graduated. My GPA wasn't as high as some of my fellow MIS grads because I worked my way through university, but I was just happy to be able to get a job in this economy haha

Don't take school for granted though. Learn all you can now while your mind still has an easy time of it! I know in a year or two when I go to grad school I am gonna regret taking the time off, but money is always an issue when you're first out of college.

I'm an Information Technology Support Analyst which is a fancy way of saying I fix broken crap all day . I work at the University of Arizona which is also where I graduated. My GPA wasn't as high as some of my fellow MIS grads because I worked my way through university, but I was just happy to be able to get a job in this economy haha

Don't take school for granted though. Learn all you can now while your mind still has an easy time of it! I know in a year or two when I go to grad school I am gonna regret taking the time off, but money is always an issue when you're first out of college.

I don't learn . in school. However, fixing broken crap doesn't seem that bad. I'm in an academy for information technology at school too

I don't learn . in school. However, fixing broken crap doesn't seem that bad. I'm in an academy for information technology at school too

Really, my degree is in management, operations, and information systems since all three were heavy topics in the courses. But before I went to college, i used to spend a lot of time on OCC because I was into building custom rigs, overclocking, and was fixing people's computers on the side. I guess my degree was really to give me a good fundamental base to go out and get a job. But if you quit there you will always be stuck fixing stuff, that's why I take everyday as a new opportunity to learn something.

I say try your butt off in school if you're studying something you like because it will lead to you doing something you like. If you're studying something in college (HS doesn't count lol) and you don't like it go and change your major. You will have to pay more in tuition getting caught back up, but a happy life is so worth it.

Yeah, that would probably be a blockbuster.. which says something.

Also, I have Statistics at 9-10 AM, but no other classes until I have Macro Economics at 2-3 PM. This sucks.

Bleh, you think that's bad. Try driving 1.5hrs to school to have class from 7am to 10am, then nothing at all in the world to do until 6pm until 9pm. Luckily it's only 2 days a week though. =)

While driving in the parking garage I discovered an interesting analogy between FPS games and Parking Garages (at least at UCF):

Wow, I actually just transferred into UCF's main campus this semester as a computer engineering student and I swear, the first day I was here I was pulling my hair out over parking. I couldn't believe how insane this place can be. [i made the nub mistake of leaving for lunch and thinking I'd find a spot ANYWHERE when I got back.] Ugh. Being such a highly percent commuter school you'd think they'd have more spots... >.>

(HS doesn't count lol)

I beg to differ. :P

If you pick the right electives and work hard you can experience a wide range of things to get a good idea of what you do and do not like. It may not be a huge field of choice but at least your not paying xxK $'s a year for it. :P

Edited by SpeedCrazy

I beg to differ. :P

If you pick the right electives and work hard you can experience a wide range of things to get a good idea of what you do and do not like. It may not be a huge field of choice but at least your not paying xxK $'s a year for it. :P

High school versions of classes are easy though. I had absolutely no trouble with physics in high school and I really liked it, but when I took it at Missouri S&T, my reaction was basically a series of :whistling::huh::whoa::yucky::wacko::ph34r::sick::dunno::cry:

:P

You can get a pretty good idea of what kind of stuff you want to do in high school, but don't bet the bank on it.

Edited by TheHippi

You can get a pretty good idea of what kind of stuff you want to do in high school, but don't bet the bank on it.

I did not advise doing so.

High school versions of classes are easy though.

Honors, AP, etc. Also if you go to the right HS or Homeschool you can take college level classes for dual credit. :P