doopypeanut

Official Bored at Class/Work Thread

Google Information Session @ UCF

Date: Thursday, September 29 from 11-12:30pm

Who: All EECS majors, from freshman to PhD

What: Lightning talks from previous interns Stephen Fulwider and Taylor Kourim and alumni, Greg Tener and Jason Gauci. They will be talking about their projects and sharing their experiences.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDNTbWhLd3RxM0E3cFB6b203M1BZcGc6MA&theme=0AX42CRMsmRFbUy1mYzJkYmE4MS04Mzc4LTQ0ZGMtYjFlYi03NjU4MjkyMjIwMWY&ifq

See you there.

DES and AES exam next Monday in Cryptography :(

At least my group cracked our DES encryption homework. Our reward, was another DES encryption lol (1st encryption was to the location of the hidden location which was another cipher :rolleyes: ). We were the 2nd group to crack it and none of the teams have yet. Cracked it using my new rig :D

1st group cracked it because they had access to the CS student only computer labs. They had like 125 cores under their program :(

Edited by Krazyxazn

DES and AES exam next Monday in Cryptography :(

At least my group cracked our DES encryption homework. Our reward, was another DES encryption lol (1st encryption was to the location of the hidden location which was another cipher :rolleyes: ). We were the 2nd group to crack it and none of the teams have yet. Cracked it using my new rig :D

1st group cracked it because they had access to the CS student only computer labs. They had like 125 cores under their program :(

Should have called Bosco. He has close to that many lol

Sweet, got an 87% on the Cryptography exam. I may need to PM Bosco for the next homework. We have to break AES, which is much much much more secure than DES (128, 196, and 256 bit keys vs 64 bit of DES :()

DES is bruteforible on our team's hardware, but definitely not AES. Which is why the government has moved to AES as the new standard.

Edited by Krazyxazn

We have to break AES, which is much much much more secure than DES (128, 196, and 256 bit keys vs 64 bit of DES :()

DES is bruteforible on our team's hardware, but definitely not AES. Which is why the government has moved to AES as the new standard.

theres a standard side channel attack,

http://eprint.iacr.org/2010/337.pdf

Bored to hell at work... being hungover of course doesn't help, it was 10$ (about 80 US cents) vodka night here in Hongkong, holy moly I'm still drunk...

RANT!

TA gives half the class 50s on HW1. Everyone emails TA, TA never responds. Everyone asks the Teacher, Teacher says talk to the TA first. Drive 1 hour out to UCF on a non-class day to meet the TA during Office Hours. TA's Office printed on the syllabus is the incorrect number. Go to the Teacher, Teacher says email the TA (LOL, orly?). Find the TA's office, by randomly knocking on doors. TA isn't even in there during his office hours!!!

RANT!

TA gives half the class 50s on HW1. Everyone emails TA, TA never responds. Everyone asks the Teacher, Teacher says talk to the TA first. Drive 1 hour out to UCF on a non-class day to meet the TA during Office Hours. TA's Office printed on the syllabus is the incorrect number. Go to the Teacher, Teacher says email the TA (LOL, orly?). Find the TA's office, by randomly knocking on doors. TA isn't even in there during his office hours!!!

TA get fired :dunno:

Never had a TA for my classes, but if I had one like that, and a teacher responding like that, I'd go to the head of the department. Of course I knew the head of the department I was in and was employed by the same department, so I wouldn't have much of an issue going to him. Good luck with that!

By the way, what's the class?

Bored to hell at work... being hungover of course doesn't help, it was 10$ (about 80 US cents) vodka night here in Hongkong, holy moly I'm still drunk...

My Kinna Guy :cheers:

Just saw the awesomest license plate on the way home.

*AMD BDZ (number obscured for obvious reasons). Thought that was so awesome.