Official Bored at Class/Work Thread

doopypeanut

Stupid C# homework.... Gah! lol... I got a late class tonight that is going to suck, starts in about 2 minutes. 3 hour classes suck...

Working on another programming assignment myself. Have to make virus scanner to find virus signatures in a block of text (exact match, 1 mismatch, 1 wildcard, and/or 1 mismatch + 1 wildcard per block of text). No clue how to use Regular Expressions (searching thingy class), so doing the extremely long way of brute forcing.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in my communication, technoloy, and society class. Its not really a Computer Science course, but it is pretty interesting. Right now we are working on this project where we are given a disorder or disease and have to find online support groups for the things we are "given". My group got Anorexia.

Anyone feel like helping me research my Economics paper? I just need the sources. :\

It's a 5 page paper, due tomorrow. I haven't started it, and I'm stalking forums now, procrastinating.

You are so screwed lol.

Anyone feel like helping me research my Economics paper? I just need the sources. :\

It's a 5 page paper, due tomorrow. I haven't started it, and I'm stalking forums now, procrastinating.

Thats not that bad. Whats the paper about? I took econ about a year ago and did pretty well.. Might be able to help :)

I have like three 10+ page papers due in like a week...

Im in my communication, technoloy, and society class. Its not really a Computer Science course, but it is pretty interesting. Right now we are working on this project where we are given a disorder or disease and have to find online support groups for the things we are "given". My group got Anorexia.

Just finished it! :thumbsup:

This program is for Security in Computing class, so its kinda middle ground intro to security. I swapped to IT and Secure Computing and Networks minor out of CS. I suck at the discrete part needed for CS. My programming skills are okay. I usually finish all the programming assignments. Only problem is I start them pretty late :D

I went into CS for the wrong reason,

"I don't know what I want to do. I like computers, lets go CS."
:pfp:

I'm probably going into IT for the wrong reason as well,

"Ok, I don't really want to do programming or discrete anymore. I want to History, but zero credits transfer and I can't afford changing. Ah... IT transfers pretty decent with only 6 classes over-requirement, instead of a lot for History. Let's go IT"
:rtfm:

Still don't have a clue what I want to do :doh: At least I could substitute as a History teacher on the side, if I actually have the free time in the future.

Edited by Krazyxazn

You are so screwed lol.

And the worst part is that I haven't been able to focus on a damned thing for months. I read the same article for 20 minutes today, and still had no idea what the heck it was saying.

Thats not that bad. Whats the paper about? I took econ about a year ago and did pretty well.. Might be able to help :)

I have like three 10+ page papers due in like a week...

"Explore the effect of the national debt on living standards, national income, inflation, taxes, future generations, and our International Standing in the world."

Just finished it! :thumbsup:

This program is for Security in Computing class, so its kinda middle ground intro to security. I swapped to IT and Secure Computing and Networks minor out of CS. I suck at the discrete part needed for CS. My programming skills are okay. I usually finish all the programming assignments. Only problem is I start them pretty late :D

I went into CS for the wrong reason, :pfp:

I'm probably going into IT for the wrong reason as well, :rtfm:

Still don't have a clue what I want to do :doh: At least I could substitute as a History teacher on the side, if I actually have the free time in the future.

Im an IT major as well, most of my courses are computer science courses though...

Security was something I considered, but after speaking to many of the professionals in security, most people are spending years and years in lower positions before companies trust them enough with the "keys" to the company. Which might be something I land into someday... Its just something I am not expecting right away out of school...

Excrement.................................................. Just got a job offer from FARO just now, but since the job requires fully knowing C, and I barely remember it I turned it down :doh: . My goal for this summer is to fully relearn C language :wallbash::rtfm: .

I actually got my 5 page paper done. I worked on it for 2 days straight and finished it, no lie, 11 minutes before it was due. Then, of course, I didn't have enough time to print it (I was in the library, and the classroom was in a building 1/2 a mile a way), so I asked my teacher if it was okay to email it to him. His response made me both relieved and outraged.

"Professor Nagy, I didn't get a chance to print it out. Is it okay if I email it to you? I have it right here on my laptop."

"Oh, well, why don't you just bring it to me next class. We have it, what, Tuesday? Just bring it then, no penalty."

"Oh. Okay, that's fine by me. I'll make it a little better over the weekend. :D"

"Hey, it'll take me 2 weeks to grade these anyway. I don't really care."

He, of course, said all of this in his thick Hungarian accent. I'm ecstatic and livid at the same time that I stressed myself out to an extreme, only to get a 5 day extension

Finals next week. Dang I got one that starts at 7 AM. Wake up at 4 AM (alarm goes off, but I stay there for a good 40 minutes), get ready by 5 AM and leave, then get there at 6 AM.

I just printed out 7 pages for a programming assignment that due on exam day. Then I read, you can skip this entire assignment if you did the bonus assignment (which I did). So cheers and boos for the wasted ink.