Thermal past

olokul

23 members have voted

1. 1. What past would you use?

• Arctic Silver 5
    • Ceramique
    • Arctic cooling MX-1
    • Chill Factor 3

Ok so im redoing my computer this weekend. So i thought while i have everything out i would redo all the thermal past. The four pasts in the poll are the main ones i have but i have other random tubes laying around. Right now i'm using ceramique, should i change to something else or just stay with that?

edit...

I read this on another forum and i was like ???, i'll only use past from a cooler if i run out.

"Thermal grease - Drop the AS5, it is electrically conductive,...the grease that comes with the cooler should do just fine"

Edited by boinker

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm have to look into geting some Tuniq TX3 and give it a try. the ones in the poll are the ones i pulled out of my thermal past box.

how about tx-4 or should i just try the tx-3

Edited by olokul

hmm have to look into geting some Tuniq TX3 and give it a try. the ones in the poll are the ones i pulled out of my thermal past box.

how about tx-4 or should i just try the tx-3

I say get the cheaper one, unless they're almost the same price.

ok so i bought some tx4 but wont be in till tuesday :angry: guess that gives me some time over the weekend to do some wire managment and redo my water loops before it shows up. will see how it holds up to the past i have on it now.

Battery a few degrees makes a difference. I've been doing a lot of benchmarking and when i push my cpu to 4.7ghz a few degrees cooler can always help

people with the highest overclocks dont use aircoolers

it will be harder to see minute differences with water

I use zalman thermal grease because utility is more important to me than maximum performance

I dont run my computer at highest overclock possible anyway