Sign in to follow this  
jdm_freek

cant make up my mind

ok i have one 5870 and my psu is not enough for crossfire

am i better off replacing psu with somthing stronger and buying second 5870 for crossfire

or do i sell 5870 and keep psu and get to 6850's for crossfire

either the price is the same any advice

IMHO the psu is one of the most underrated components in the PC. If you have a solid PSU, your components will be better off (safer) and you have an easier upgrade path for other components, such as gpu's ;) I would get a bigger psu 1st no matter what, getting a 2nd 5870 for crossfire is really just icing on the cake :cheers:

IMHO the psu is one of the most underrated components in the PC. If you have a solid PSU, your components will be better off (safer) and you have an easier upgrade path for other components, such as gpu's ;) I would get a bigger psu 1st no matter what, getting a 2nd 5870 for crossfire is really just icing on the cake :cheers:

:withstupid: I would go for the better PSU as well. Check out: OCC's Recommended Power Supply List

Only crossfire you should go if you do is HD 5870s. HD 6850s would be a waste of money, you would be better off getting an HD 6970. Single best card you can afford is usually the best option.