DanTheGamer11

Thread Report or something...

I've just become a mod so I'll deal with spam as quickly as possible for you guys :)

I've just become a mod so I'll deal with spam as quickly as possible for you guys :)

Congratz man! - Those guys are in for one hell of a beating eh? :ph34r:

Yeah they wont be able to hide their spam from me :)

How do you become a mod?

Basically you have to be active and be helpful arund here and then you can apply to be a mod. I've been asking Dave (Bosco) every month for nearly 4 months to be a mod :)

The amount of mods depend on the positions available , thats why I had to wait but Im so excited about being a mod :woo:

I don't know if they still do it but why not just prevent someone from registering with a free email address like Yahoo Hotmail Gmail?

I don't know if they still do it but why not just prevent someone from registering with a free email address like Yahoo Hotmail Gmail?

Im not sure but there are many legit members using those sites for email.

Im not sure but there are many legit members using those sites for email.

Well a long time ago when I joined I remember they use to not accept any email addresses from free email providers unless you contacted an admin and he would approve the account manually.

Edited by fire_storm

Hotmail is my main email service provider....so I will be :O and then :cry: and then :vmad: if that happens lol

What about a system that allows us members to temporarily remove a thread by reporting it so many times, lets say if a thread gets reported 5 or 10 times. Then, once it's temporarily removed the moderators get to decide whether the thread should be allowed or not. This way inappropriate threads can be removed much quicker and with a community like OCC I don't really see this as being something that people would abuse just to remove threads by someone they don't like.

The community might not but what about a spam bot?

Unless someone comes up with something proactive (like digitizing themselves and using the internet to find the spammer in person, Phil) the system of reporting to the moderators is probably the best we've got.

A lot of forums used to do that, but it's a different world now. Many people use a free email as their primary, I do.

I use both yahoo and gmail. So that had better not happen.