Thread Report or something...

DanTheGamer11

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be better to have lots of mods around the world in different time zones so theres almost one logged on at all times?

Thats easier said then done.

Not everyone is cut out to be a staff member :(

dosent that catchpa stuff stop alot of spambots?

The spambots are beating that pretty easily nowadays. I'm not sure they are learning to read it as much as go around it.

Hey I am 37 years old, did anyone save the link? :) J/K I think that short of having every new account sit and wait to be approved there isn't much you can do to stop them. As Bosco said everyone has noticed an increase lately, A few other forums I frequent have had several this past weekend, but mostly ringtones and none of the hard stuff thankfully.

I never understand what was so interesting or fun about spam bots. Its just like, ok look I can spam a lot of forums but no one knows who I am and no one cares about me. People need to find new things to do than come up with these spam bots.

I never understand what was so interesting or fun about spam bots. Its just like, ok look I can spam a lot of forums but no one knows who I am and no one cares about me. People need to find new things to do than come up with these spam bots.

:withstupid: I couldn't agree more.

What about a system that allows us members to temporarily remove a thread by reporting it so many times, lets say if a thread gets reported 5 or 10 times. Then, once it's temporarily removed the moderators get to decide whether the thread should be allowed or not. This way inappropriate threads can be removed much quicker and with a community like OCC I don't really see this as being something that people would abuse just to remove threads by someone they don't like.

What about a system that allows us members to temporarily remove a thread by reporting it so many times, lets say if a thread gets reported 5 or 10 times. Then, once it's temporarily removed the moderators get to decide whether the thread should be allowed or not. This way inappropriate threads can be removed much quicker and with a community like OCC I don't really see this as being something that people would abuse just to remove threads by someone they don't like.

Something like that would have to be hard coded into the system, every time we update the forums we would have to recode it in. I am going to be bringing in a few more mods, it will be die off here sooner or later.

Well I reported another spammer last night :).

I think the mods are doing great, I don't see many spam threads anymore, if I do they were posted 5 minutes ago. Longest I ever saw a spam thread go was 1 hour and that was in the early morning!

Mods are doing a great job!

:thx:

Why don't you make it so people have to use a captcha to sign up?

From there, you can limit their ability to post to once a day, only in the newcomers section for say...2 weeks. And if after that time they have proven themselves a worthy user they can be given the ability to post elsewhere on the site.

This would make it a bit harder for newcomers to post asking for help though...so you could always put in a newcomer help subforum or something.