Post your i5 2500k / i7 2600k overclocks!

El_Capitan

Lol, ok, I'll post some screenshots when I get home.

lol Please do! I couldn't tell you how much I would appreciate that! talk about saving my life!! I tried something earlier and it said overclocking failed press F1 to reconfigure your system lol idk what I did wrong....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol Please do! I couldn't tell you how much I would appreciate that! talk about saving my life!! I tried something earlier and it said overclocking failed press F1 to reconfigure your system lol idk what I did wrong....

Updated with screenshots of where the settings are in the original post. DO NOT use the same settings to overclock to 4.8GHz, as you don't have sufficient cooling. Look at the settings provided to set yours to 4.4GHz first:

Cooling = 120.4 Swiftech Ultima XT Pull (5v) Max - MCP655 Rev. B

i7 2600k | ASUS Sabertooth P67 | 4.4GHz (44 x 100Mhz) @ 1.345V BIOS; 1.344V - 1.352V CPU-Z | Prime 95 max temps = 58C | Tests Passed

What this means is that you set your CPU ratio to 44 and your CPU Voltage to Manual Mode and set it to 1.345V's in the BIOS (if you want to run it on Offset, set it to - and .05) . Your need to install CPU-Z (free) and leave it open when you install and run Prime 95 (free) Blend tests. You will look at the voltages fluctuating in CPU-Z. Also install Real Temp 3.60 (free) to monitor your temperatures while Prime95 is running (see screenshot below). If any core starts getting to 73C, stop the tests and get yourself a better cooler. Otherwise, you'll need to tone down your overclock and voltages for a lower overclock.

post-70939-0-65250300-1312724338_thumb.png

Updated with screenshots of where the settings are in the original post. DO NOT use the same settings to overclock to 4.8GHz, as you don't have sufficient cooling. Look at the settings provided to set yours to 4.4GHz first:

Cooling = 120.4 Swiftech Ultima XT Pull (5v) Max - MCP655 Rev. B

i7 2600k | ASUS Sabertooth P67 | 4.4GHz (44 x 100Mhz) @ 1.345V BIOS; 1.344V - 1.352V CPU-Z | Prime 95 max temps = 58C | Tests Passed

What this means is that you set your CPU ratio to 44 and your CPU Voltage to Manual Mode and set it to 1.345V's in the BIOS (if you want to run it on Offset, set it to - and .05) . Your need to install CPU-Z (free) and leave it open when you install and run Prime 95 (free) Blend tests. You will look at the voltages fluctuating in CPU-Z. Also install Real Temp 3.60 (free) to monitor your temperatures while Prime95 is running (see screenshot below). If any core starts getting to 73C, stop the tests and get yourself a better cooler. Otherwise, you'll need to tone down your overclock and voltages for a lower overclock.

post-70939-0-65250300-1312724338_thumb.png

Ok I think I got it lol it didn't work with the manual voltage so I changed to offset - and .05 and I think its stable here's some screen shots tell me if this is right...the mhz only gets up to 4500 when I'm running prime95 does that mean that it is not always running over clocked or am I not getting the full potential out of my CPU??

post-78381-0-68898400-1312741802_thumb.png

Edited by andywebb22

You can get a better cooler to get higher CPU overclocks so that your temps are in the safe range, but you won't see much difference with a 100MHz - 300MHz extra boost. Overclocking RAM also won't give you that much of a noticeable boost. You can overclock a HD 6970 with the stock cooler, just don't raise the voltage for it. Keep the temps so it's never above 85C with MSI Afterburner's fan control and overclock using that software to increase the core clock and memory. Use Unigine Heaven v2.1 or v2.5 for stability tests.

You can get a better cooler to get higher CPU overclocks so that your temps are in the safe range, but you won't see much difference with a 100MHz - 300MHz extra boost. Overclocking RAM also won't give you that much of a noticeable boost. You can overclock a HD 6970 with the stock cooler, just don't raise the voltage for it. Keep the temps so it's never above 85C with MSI Afterburner's fan control and overclock using that software to increase the core clock and memory. Use Unigine Heaven v2.1 or v2.5 for stability tests.

So messing with the ram isn't really worth the trouble? and I have a Corsair Hydro H80 is that not good enough? Where can I find that software for OCing the GPU?

What do you think the highest OC I can get with a Corsair Hydro H80 is? Also I want to get a nice Water cooling system but idk where to start and I haven't found anything helpful on the interwebs.

LINK

i5-2500K 4.8GHz/ 1.39 Vcore/ PLL Enabled & LLC Auto / RAM @ XMP

Cooler: Antec Kuhler 920 H20

Prime95/OCCT 1 HR Stable

LinX 10 runs stable

Max temps ~80*C, avg temp was mid-high 70's.

The Corsair H80 is a very similar performer to the 920 (at least the new one is), so thats around what you could expect. Possibly more if you do some spot cooling around the mobo to cool the board.

• 1 month later...

I read a guide in HERE

The guide states that:

**A note about PLL Overvoltage. It has come to my attention that since writing this guide, the behaviour of the "auto" setting for PLL Overvoltage has changed, previously auto = disabled, but it appears that Asus have made it so that the auto setting will enable PLL Overvoltage at around 4400MHz~4500MHz onwards, so for this reason, please make sure that for all parts of this guide, this setting is manually set to Disabled.

You leave the setting to Auto.

So which one to use? Auto or Disabled? What's the difference actually

Also vcore settings "manual" vs "offset" tested in THIS post.

Edited by AeroZ

• 1 month later...