Post count.

SpeedCrazy

what happened to the post count thing? It used to be all your posts now it is just active ones?

Nothing really wrong with it it just adds a bit of credibility to a members.

It was probably removed to discourage posting to just increase your post count.

In the past post count use to be a problem because some members would think the more posts you have the more seniority you gain and it end up causing problems.

what happened to the post count thing? It used to be all your posts now it is just active ones?

Nothing really wrong with it it just adds a bit of credibility to a members.

I agree with you. Although the amount of post does not necessarily add credibility to a member. I know some people here with a huge amount of posts and a not-so-huge amount of basic sense.

Edited by Jump4h

As was said, post counts still appear in your profile. Ignore the "active posts" wording - all it really means is that it's not counting any posts/threads that get deleted, but if you did happen to have one deleted, you were probably naughty and thus it shouldn't count anyway. But interestingly, the profile and member search aren't matching up:

According to my profile: 18856

According to the member list: 14807

That's a big difference.

Nothing has changed in regards to post counts that I know of - you still get post credit everywhere other than the Member's Lounge.

As for it not appearing in the avatar sidebar, that disappeared when the forums were updated. It could easily be added back, but for whatever reason, they decided to leave it off.