Gaming with 2 Monitors

amang

hi guy, i am wondering if there are any games currently in the market that support dual monitor, especially those FPS and real-time strategy games. thanks! :rolleyes:

You don't really want to play a FPS on a 2 monitor setup. Your crosshairs are in the middle of the screen which on a dual setup is basically in the bezel ;) You can play them easily on a 3 monitor setup with your gpu horsepower. 3 is the way to go :cheers:

so you're saying you can play FPS on dual monitor, but it's not recommended, correct?

what about real-time strategy games, like starcraft2 or civilization5?

so you're saying you can play FPS on dual monitor, but it's not recommended, correct?

Yea, you can techinically do it, but with FPS it just doesn't make much sense ;) Not sure about the strat games, I just don't get into them.

Edited by SpeedwayNative

supreme commander forged alliance uses 2 screens .best strat game ever

supreme commander forged alliance uses 2 screens .best strat game ever

+1 This is a great game and with dual monitors, you can view the entire battlefield on one monitor and do actual close-quarters unit selection and commands with the other monitor. I have tried this and it works very well. I cannot vouch for starcraft 2 or other games but this one definitely takes the cake. Supreme commander 2 uses 2 monitors as well and it is also very intuitive.

I figured we had some members that could chime in with some dual monitor strat game advice ;)

Shurman where in IN are you?

I'm at Purdue for the school year but my hometown is Fort Wayne. I see you are just about an hour's drive from here, how's Speedway treating ya?

yeah no fun on FPS. Racing games it's okay, but you just have to look left or right the whole time rather than in the middle. That's cool about those strategy games, I didn't know they did that where one screen is close up and the other is far away, pretty interesting.

2 screens good - 3 screens Better!

You could always try games in windowed mode (if they allow it) and set the games resolution (if it allows it) to match your total pixel ares.

As to games - anything that forces the camera to be centered is going to be a pain on 2 screens.

I didn't know they did that where one screen is close up and the other is far away, pretty interesting.

That's just how I do it, so that I can glance up at my other monitor to make sure I am not getting flanked or my numerous bases getting destroyed while I'm building inside my main base. But really it plays just like two normal screens and you can zoom in on either monitor to any degree you choose. Pretty cool, and quite handy!