Looking for a headset

saffi365

steelseries makes awesome stuff, but i am extremly happy with my plantronics gamecom 367, and with a decent sound card they are amazing, and they are priced low, but ive dropped them, tripped on the cord, spilled drinks on them, and they are still going strong. great quality.

• 4 months later...

Plantronics are always solid thought if you have a good soundcard I would just get the regular Gamecons

Meh, the Razer Orcas beat out any set of Plantronics I've ever used.

I'd suggest looking into the Audio Technica AD700's, however. AMAZING for gaming, and good for music (though slightly lacking in Bass)

Im just gonna save up and get the Steelseries Siberia V2 heard good things.

That's the same set I use with my primary rig. Directional sound is very good considering they aren't "surround sound" cans. Bass is adequate, volume level is fine and clarity is outstanding. Mine are comfortable and I've got a stupid big head. My only complaint is that they make a cracking sound whenever I pull them up over my head and makes me think they might break. But so far that hasn't happened. The pull out mic is genius, and in fact you don't even need to fully extend it in order to get good voice pick up. I barely pull mine out from the fully retracted position, but still everyone hears me loud in clear in any type of voice chat.

I'd highly recommend them. I've still got a set of Turtlebeach X11 cans that are pretty good too considering the price. They used to be my primaries but they got moved to the HTPC when I got the new Siberias.

I've also owned a set of the Gamecoms. They weren't bad at all for the price - but they sure seem and feel "super-sized" compared to the others you can choose from.