Looking for a headset

saffi365

I'm looking for a headset or headphones. I will be using them for CS:S and Bc2 aswell as movies and music. My budget is $80 (Australian Dollars).

I have found a few headsets and heaphones that i could possibly buy.

Choices:

Sharkoon X-Tatic PS Stereo-Headset -$75

Razer Orca Gaming Headphone - $69

Razer Piranha Gaming Headset - $83

Plantronics Gamecom 777 Surround Sound Gaming Headset USB - $75

SteelSeries 4H Headset - $75

Creative HS-980 - $61

If you have any other suggestions please feel free to post them :biggrin:

Thank you in advance.

Edited by saffi365

i have a pair of sennheiser headphones and they rock.one of my friend have the Razer piranha and he complained about the connectors not being what he expected and that he would class them as average.

ask if you can maybe test them in the shop where you plan to buy cause i have seen with sound it depends from person to person and i favor the ones that have a lot of base.

i have a pair of sennheiser headphones and they rock.one of my friend have the Razer piranha and he complained about the connectors not being what he expected and that he would class them as average.ask if you can maybe test them in the shop where you plan to buy cause i have seen with sound it depends from person to person and i favor the ones that have a lot of base.

And the piranha look a little uncomfortable since i have big ears.. I think i've narrowed it down to the plantronic 777 surround , creative hs-980 and the Razer Orca. Now it just comes down to how comfortable they are.

i have a pair of sennheiser headphones and they rock.one of my friend have the Razer piranha and he complained about the connectors not being what he expected and that he would class them as average.

ask if you can maybe test them in the shop where you plan to buy cause i have seen with sound it depends from person to person and i favor the ones that have a lot of base.

So would you recommend the Sennheiser HD 418 over these?

So would you recommend the Sennheiser HD 418 over these?

i read a few reviews and they say the HD 418 is not that good.good bass but distorts quite bad.best i can think of in that line up is the the creative his-980. i for a fact that the Razer Orca is good for gaming.

i read a few reviews and they say the HD 418 is not that good.good bass but distorts quite bad.best i can think of in that line up is the the creative his-980. i for a fact that the Razer Orca is good for gaming.

Yea some reviewers say that the Razer Carcharias without a mic. Im just gonna save up and get the Steelseries Siberia V2 heard good things.

First of all, I don't suggest buying anything that is advertised as 'gaming' gear cuz it's just hyped and cost way too much for a bunch of nothing. (*cough* Razer *cough*)

What you want to look for are headphones with good directional sound. That's what helps you with gaming. You might get more help if you visit a dedicated headphones forum. Google it and you'll find the one. Other than that, I can suggest checking out the SteelSeries headphones. I've read that they have good directional sound but I'm not sure how the quality is.

Also make sure you don't get a USB headset. It's better if it uses a 3.5mm and is plugged into a soundcard.

headfi.org

or audiophile.com

both great sites for these kinds of questions.

personally the best gaming headphones i ever owned were audio technica ad700's, but they were stolen and i found a deal on beyerdynamic dt770 pro's so i bought the,.