Redneck or ghetto engineered Ram coolers

38 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of engineering/rig is this

Those are copper shims made by erico a division of the caddy corp part number B140A specs: .013" x 3" x 1.5" if you have access to an electrical supply they can order these easily if they dont have them in stock.

I voted redneck since thats what i was calling it as we went through things here at the office to find something that may work then i remembered those wonderful lil shims but well after tellin him to do psywars penny ram sink mod from WAY back in the day :thumbsup:

It looks like it'd be easier to just get some copper sheeting and make it one piece.

I have a set Of 2 sided Mushkin memory coming that is Naked. So You may see yet another "Boinkfactor" ram chips released soon. HE HE.

Did forget to mention when I made this post that there have been some epic posts in this thread. thanks guys.

Edited by boinker

I have a set Of 2 sided Mushkin memory coming that is Naked. So You may see yet another "Boinkfactor" ram chips released soon. HE HE.

Did forget to mention when I made this post that there have been some epic posts in this thread. thanks guys.

I'd say for 2 sided get a longer piece and wrap it around the pencil in the middle so it makes the loop but still touches enough to hit both sides of ram and just leave the loop open and then cut the slits like you did...heat may easier get out without the additional would copper inside the loop...

I say it looks awesome

Good news is...? after this mod you can definitely say your ram is Boinked.... ;)

I am buying materials right now to see what is best. I thought about it and the copper tube on top is going to be the most effective so for the top portion its going to be a 1/4" OD copper tube and the Materiel for the side plates is going to be 0.025 or less. but more then 0.015 as any lower then that and its too pliable. West-lake Ace hardware is my friend. :D

The reason he used the lil ones for his first try is i had them available my next size in copper would have been quarter inch or thicker and that was too thick lol so when you first start some thing lime this why not start small to get a prototype going then move on to bigger like boink boink and i were discussing at lunch today

lol nice job!

Ghetto though is when I used Penny's as heatsinks on my Ram back in like 2002 I think.

If you guys could manage to find my pile of crap case in the Members Case Gallery there is a photo of my Ghetto Ram.

Nothing personal Psywar but I say that I would not go digging in that archive. There is more dust in there then the shop Bishop works in. :rofl:

Rev 2.0 put on hold. picture that Newegg had for the ram I bought was incorrect so first I'm going to note to never believe photos from Newegg and now I shall be be waiting another week before more testing or machining shall take place. :pfp:

I had an Idea the other day for a ground breaking Idea about 3 days ago when Bishop and I were talking. A day later I look at the CES update adn guess what mushkin has built.... I should patent my Ideas sooner. See there memory water block

Forgot to say to those that have replied. :thx::thx::thx::thx:

Edited by boinker