Errors in memtest86 3.5a

Brutality

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

usually there is a form you can get off their website and then e-mail them to you, then they'll give you an address to ship them to.

I hope they got some facilities outside the US, else it sux for me to be a European now lol >_<

EDIT:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!

"At the present time, TranscendUSA.com will be unable to handle replacements outside the continental United States. Replacements from Canada and Latin America will be handled through your local reseller only.If you experience any problems when applying for the RMA online, please call us at (714) 921-2000 (U.S and Canada only), or send an e-mail to Transcend Technical Support."

What do I do???

Edited by Brutality

EDIT!!!

Okay so I've tested one DIMM for 4 hours (see attachment 1) and it didn't have any errors after 13 passes, the other DIMM however fails in test 6 (see attachment 2)... I can't believe I can't RMA it... sigh

PS. Why does memtest86 3.5a lock up when u get errors? u can't hit ESC or anything, only solution is to hit the power switch :S

Edited by Brutality

I don't understand this part

He means buy the same memory which is not defective and swop it with your broken ram so the shop takes the broken ram back.

Its called deception, its not nice to do that.

I didn't buy them at local retailer, I bought them online at www.proshop.dk

gonna try those settings now though, but what's the 54? I understand 5-5-5-18... but what is 54?

oh found it now (tRFC = Row Refresh Cycle Time) but I can only put 50 or 55... what to go with?

meanwhile... I tested 1066MHz at 5-5-5-18 and tRFC on auto.. got errors already at test 4 o.O (at 2.0V ofc)

oh btw, I didn't test both sticks, only the faulty one

Edited by Brutality