iskout

Looking for a new case

I'm considering the NZXT Guardian 921. OCC did a review, but they seem to have updated the case since the review went down.

I'm PLENTY open to suggestion, and I have only a few requirements:

1) It HAS to be less than $110

2) I'd prefer a side window, though something like the HAF 932 side panel would be okay

3) I'd like it to have pre-drilled holes/grommets for WC. I had to drill the holes for my last case, and frankly, it's just easier not to do it myself. (If it has room for an internal 120.2 rad, it's fine to not have the grommets)

4) Wire management options are always a plus.

The red/black Lancool is out, since I like my black/blue/green color scheme. Interestingly enough, i've been looking at BOTH of those cases (The Tempest Evo and the Lancool) for consideration... and unfortunately, it's still tied at 1-1 lol.

Here's my qualm about those case, and there is only one. My computer sits to my right, on my desk, just within arms reach. the ONLY complaint that I have about those cases is that the power/reset button, and front panel items are on top. Not really a deal breaker, but annoying, just the same.

Anyone heard anything about the "Lexa S" from NZXT?

Edited by iskout

I second the Lancool K-62. :thumbsup:

It's an awesome case! I got it about a month ago and haven't looked back since. The buttons and usb connections being at the top are fine for me as my computer is on top of my desk. If your's is on the bottom the usb connectors can sometimes be a hassle.

But generally i think you cant go wrong with the K-62 for its price.

I'm definitely considering the Lancool, but the Xigmatek Utguard has caught my eye. I have a question for anyone using WC: Would it be more efficient for a top-mounted radiator to have a pull configuration pulling air from the case, over the radiator, and out, or a push configuration pushing air over the radiator and into the case.

I feel like the push configuration would be more efficient if I had a good exhaust fan in the back, since I don't really need to worry about my CPU getting air-- only my GPU.