RAM Question

So tonight I got some new Mushkin Enhanced Blackline RAM (CAS 7), and want to add it to my currently existing RAM (OCZ Gold CAS 8). I have a M4A79XTD EVO motherboard. Any idea on how to set this up? I have 4 slots, 2 black, 2 blue, and no idea what to do.

Edited by Interimo

well, you're running cas 8 and ddr3 1253...626.7x2 you need to be running 800 to get the ddr3 1600 you were looking for. also as someone suggested. memtest is a great way to test memory stability

well, you're running cas 8 and ddr3 1253...626.7x2 you need to be running 800 to get the ddr3 1600 you were looking for. also as someone suggested. memtest is a great way to test memory stability

how do I use memtest? I mean, can you give me a step-by-step download, installation, and using guide?

either download the bootable .iso or the auto installer. burn the iso to a disk or use the auto installer on an empty thumbstick and boot the cd/usb drive. once you've booted into it, its pretty straight forward.

download memtest86 zip file from the post Davidst made. this one. If you do not have an ISO burner then go to this web page to get the ISO burner. You can use a DVD-rom or a CD-rom and burn it.

After you have the ISO ready insert the CD into your drive and tell your computer to boot from the cd drive on the bios screen. That will start you off. you can either use the boot menu accessed normally by pressing F8 during the post screen show or you can set that in the boot menu of the bios.

Allow memtest86 to operate unit its completed one or 2 runs. One run normally takes 3o minutes.

That should get you started. Good luck.