Our random folding chat

mattyamdfanboi

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

noctua d14, on the way!, oh and i bought a mobo the cheapest am3 available at the egg, to finish a sorta extra parts laying around rig, i quess you can say i got a folding farm now, i a compaq, and a dell both folding and a dell laptop folding, i will have 6 pc's going when my order arrives. how many pc's do you need for a farm anyway

Its going to be winter soon so I'll start my folding voyage then .

My second EVGA GTX580 is coming since the DCII 580 got too hot in SLI and I couldn't get the max clocks my old EVGA could .

Its going to be winter soon so I'll start my folding voyage then .

My second EVGA GTX580 is coming since the DCII 580 got too hot in SLI and I couldn't get the max clocks my old EVGA could .

was the dcii 580 in the top slot? if not thats weird, usually the top card runs hotter

wait i just relized what i said, the dcii is triple slot, how did you get that card hot?

Edited by camaro_dude15

The DCII was in the top slot since it wouldn't fit in the bottom slot in my case :(

The card was about 1mm behind the EVGA and too much heat gathered between the cards since it was such a tight fit .

Tomorrow morning Im fetching my EVGA GTX580 Superclocked

I was benching at 940mhz and 2240 at 1.15v on my EVGA and 850mhz and 2100mhz at 1.1v on the ASUS Direct CU II GTX580 and the EVGA was hitting low 60's while the DCII was hitting mid 80's

Once I get the other EVGA I should unlock the voltage and then hit 950mhz and 2270mhz 24/7 :)

Just got my EVGA GTX580 Superclocked :woo:

I benched 3D Mark 11 at 975mhz , 1950mhz and 2375mhz and it didnt break 78C on the top card :)

Yea I think it did camaro btw camaro what happended to getting a 980x teehee.gif Or was the car more important tongue.gif

well my first plan was to build a 980x build, and then i needed the money to dump into the el camino build, then my plan b is still in affect, i just need to find a job, end then by the end of summer i will build some mega uber pc, depends on what hardware is out by then, if second gen extreme edition procs, and the platform thats released with it, then i will go with that, but i it looks like im going with a 990x, and 4 580's as of now.

i recently bought a new case and psu for my bro's htpc, i think its called the x master, from apevia, last night i switched the cases and about five minutes after start up i heard a pop, and the psu died, i checked it with the old oem psu, and the system is fine, i will pick up one of those corsair builder series psu's before long and get that 1055 churning out wu's again

Edited by camaro_dude15

i got a package in the mail, i got lots of work to do, i got to put my d14 on my main rig, put my v6 in the htpc, swap a psu, install a samsung 2tb hdd, build an entire new system with my el cheapo jetway, and athlon x2, with a 8800 gt. lots of work, i really needed this i have had a tough week!