CPU Cooler

Ummm... maybe you can help. I bought my rig awhile back. Don't know too much... anything about modding/tweaking/etc.

I was digging through the original boxes and came across an additional CPU cooler I forgot all about.

I currently have the Xigmatek HDT-S963 cooler installed.

In the box I found a brand new unopened Scythe NINJA PLUS Rev.B" 6Heat Pipes CPU Cooler

Which one is cooler (pun intended)?

Do I have the right, better one installed?

Thanks all

Ken

Ummm... maybe you can help. I bought my rig awhile back. Don't know too much... anything about modding/tweaking/etc.

I was digging through the original boxes and came across an additional CPU cooler I forgot all about.

I currently have the Xigmatek HDT-S963 cooler installed.

In the box I found a brand new unopened Scythe NINJA PLUS Rev.B" 6Heat Pipes CPU Cooler

Which one is cooler (pun intended)?

Do I have the right, better one installed?

Thanks all

Ken

The Xigmatech is much better.

Big = Good? :whistling:

Alright. I'll do some investigation. I might just wait until the replacement rails arrive for my new case and switch it out then.

If it doesn't work as well, I'll switch it back.

Edited by indydakota

:withstupid:

but yeah... typically bigger is better, or else the gluttonous D14 wouldn't be king

<3 D14

Yeah, bigger usually means more surface area, more surface area means better heat disbursal which means better cooling. But sometimes better heat pipes positioning and thermal materials beat size. The Hyper 212+ is smaller than both of those, but cools better, for example.

I guess the real questions should be are you overclocking it, how are your temps now and is it worth the trouble to change it?

I wouldn't know where to begin overclocking. I guess the best place would be the noob section.

I haven't seen the need yet. Everything I've run so far runs like a dream.