Corsair H50 or H70

dario_92

i am currently looking for a cooler for my i5-760 when i get it up and running and i was wondering what would be better ? i would also like to over-clock my i5 to about 3.5 GHz or a little higher ? also another question is it better mounted inside the case or outside >

Edited by dario_92

I just installed an h70 today on my phenom II x6 and im sitting at 23.5c at 3.6ghz. the h70 has a lower profile pump/block then the h50 plus the rad is a bit thicker. I would go with the h70. :)

I just installed an h70 today on my phenom II x6 and im sitting at 23.5c at 3.6ghz. the h70 has a lower profile pump/block then the h50 plus the rad is a bit thicker. I would go with the h70. :)

do you have it mounted inside or outside and thanks for the the tip over the h50

I have it mounted on the inside as i dont want to see it on the back side lol. i also have it blowing the air out of the the case rather then doing what corsair said "have the fans intake air from the back". i did just bump my volts to 1.35v and pushed it up to 3.8ghz about 5mins ago and my temps are now hitting 30c. ill see what 30mins bring lol. are you looking at pushing your i5 as far as the cooler will let you?

I'm in windows at 4ghz right now at 1.42v with a temp of 31c for ten mins of prime95. im only going to do a short test, but should give you an idea of what this cooler can do! ill let you know more tomorrow when i get off work and have some time to realy play around with the clocks some more this weekend. want me to p.m. you with some updates?

I'm in windows at 4ghz right now at 1.42v with a temp of 31c for ten mins of prime95. im only going to do a short test, but should give you an idea of what this cooler can do! ill let you know more tomorrow when i get off work and have some time to realy play around with the clocks some more this weekend. want me to p.m. you with some updates?

yeah please if you dont mind :):cheers:

The Hydro H70 is EXACTLY the same as the H50 with an extra fan. I have my H50 mounted inside the case. Originally I had it hooked up backwards where it was taking air from inside the case and exhausting the air to the outside of the case. In theory, this seems like it would work the best. However, when you take into consideration the HUGE amount of heat that your RAM and video card generate it actually doesn't work nearly as good (you end up blowing hot air through the rad which just doesn't work good for cooling the CPU) . If you could somehow mount it outside where it neither took air from the case nor blew air back into the case, that would be the best but I don't think the coolant lines are long enough and you would have to mount the unit perpendicular to the way it is normally mounted which would look odd and take some ingenuity to accomplish. One fan or two? Two will give you about one degree cooler but man can it be loud. No two fans run at exactly the same rpm - ever. When you put two fans that close together it creates a kind of turbine effect that creates a howling sound which I considered to be unacceptable. However, if you hook the pump lead to the CPU Fan Header and run the H50 fans via a controller, you can leave one turned up to maximum and "tune" the other so as to achieve an acceptable noise level. I am speaking from experience. One degree cooler for an extra fan may not seem like much, but tell that to your CPU. You can get a great Ultra Fan Controller from TigerDirect for $13.