Sign in to follow this  
alexonfyre

A**holes stole my fans

So I logged into Amazon today to check the status of my highly anticipated Kaze Maru2's that I ordered a couple days ago. "Status: Delivered" Sweet! Time to get my airflow on! It takes me 10 minutes to drive home. When I get there...no package. Not in the bushes, not on the step, not inside the door, nowhere.

"Hi Neighbor #1, Was my package delivered to you?"

"No" *slam*

Nice guy...

Neighbor #2's house is obviously haunted, it is actually darker than the nighttime that surrounds it. I assume that no sane person would deliver a package there, even on purpose, and I am not going to anger the Lamia just for a couple of totally sweet 140mm 43 CFM, 14 dba fans. Okay maybe a quick look.

No package, definitely no one home. No one human anyway... I left as I felt the fingers of insanity begin to graze the depths of my mind, twisting it for its own nefarious purposes, to scry the dark fate of humanity... which kind of felt like heartburn, but with more scrying. I took some Tums and I was all good.

Front Gate Patrol: "I just got here, I'll ask my supervisor"

Translation: "Glee is on and I didn't listen to anything you said"

UPS: Sorry to hear that, Call Amazon so they can investigate.

Amazon: My name is Kumal, I will investigate. It looks like your assessment of what our website said was accurate.

*puts me on hold to eat some cheetos and watch "Close-knit, though slightly disrespectful family sells low quality products to slow-witted Westerners so that their sons can go to school in Florida." (which is a rough translation of the Indian version of "Arrested Development")

There is absolutely nothing a megalithic corporation like Amazon, or a call center worker located halfway around the world from you can or would even want to do to find your less-than-$30 package. You can have your money back, just please don't bother us anymore.

So yeah, obviously some (currently extremely disappointed) neighborhood hoodlums stole my amazon package from my doorstep earlier.

If they were actually excited to see what was in there, then GIVE THEM BACK I KNOW YOU READ THIS FORUM!! I KNOW YOUR PARENTS RANDY AND KYLE!!!

Edited by alexonfyre

Your delivery man/woman should be as sneaky as mine. They always hide it in the bushes :D

Moral of the story, plant some bushes next to your door.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Lol, that sucks. My UPS guy is pretty good. Plus, I have a camera facing outside my door, so if someone does take it, I'll know who (though I make sure the camera's hidden, otherwise they can wear a mask).

just call them and tell them it wasnt delivered....you paid for a product and you expect it...or a refund

I had to do that as I cannot prove my package was delivered or stolen...my Monster-in-Law lives here and she was home.

I got it resent at the cost of the UPS..now I have to sign for everything and thats what I wanted in the first place...

now I have to sign for everything and thats what I wanted in the first place...

Best way to do it imo. Sure, it takes a bit of work, but having to sign for something is the best way to ensure you get delivery of the item.

yeah, from now on, everything getting shipped during the week goes to my workplace. Also, I did call Amazon, they gave me a refund, so I just placed the order again. I really should have ordered some thermalright ty-140s but whatever, slip streams should be good.

Dude, I'm sorry your fans were stolen, but I think maybe you should consider a career change to a writer or something. I lol'd many times. And that's not just the 16 Bud Lights talking.

Dude, I'm sorry your fans were stolen, but I think maybe you should consider a career change to a writer or something. I lol'd many times

+1

Dude, I'm sorry your fans were stolen, but I think maybe you should consider a career change to a writer or something. I lol'd many times. And that's not just the 16 Bud Lights talking.

I wish, for now, if I can entertain fellow forum goers with the s**tstorm of absurdity that some malevolent prankster-god decided to call my life.

That's a bummer, you'll assuredly get a reshipment at no cost to you. The sign on delivery will probably be employed, it's a hassle sometimes but someone is usually home at my house (if I'm not here for it) and it is the best way to avoid petty theft.

Also I second the claim that you have a golden tongue (or pair of hands?), you'd be a great novel writer assuming this was just a small tidbit of your imaginative thought process. :thumbsup: You could make big bucks and buy enough of those fans to blow all the package thieves away :evilgrin:

Lol, that sucks. My UPS guy is pretty good. Plus, I have a camera facing outside my door, so if someone does take it, I'll know who (though I make sure the camera's hidden, otherwise they can wear a mask).

Guess I'll have to use the window :ph34r: