Fata1_Casua1ty

Demanding Game

What do you all think to be the most graphically demanding game out right now or going to be realeased relatively soon? I've asked other people their opinions and most still respond with Crysis. I agree that Crysis was ahead of it's time, but not that far ahead.

crysis

there are even new textures out that make it even more intense.

obviously this isn't the answer you're looking for, but it is the correct answer. no game is more demanding than crysis.

close runner ups off the top of my head are bf bc2:vietnam and maybe cod bo.

i still play css though with everything on low and at 800x600.

Edited by battery

I'd say Metro 2033. Bc2 not so much. Metro was the only game I couldn't max out on the 5850. Haven't tried it with the 6950 yet tho. I need to download crysis or something and check it out. Hard to believe it's still this demanding after all this time.

FFXIV, by far. Now Metro and Crysis look better and are also killers, but FFXIV is poorly optimized, I have benched my rig on all of those, and FFXIV maxed out did the most damage (followed closely by Crysis Enthusiast mode.)

In a couple of months, I don't doubt that Crysis 2 will own that crown, particularly in stereoscopic 3D

Crysis and Metro 2033

Agreed :thumbsup: Also, GTA IV still takes some muscle to really look good!

Agreed :thumbsup: Also, GTA IV still takes some muscle to really look good!

gta iv performs exactly the same on max setting with both my 5970 and 5770 WTF!

gta iv performs exactly the same on max setting with both my 5970 and 5770 WTF!

That's what we call a CPU bottleneck my friend.

I'd say Metro 2033. Bc2 not so much. Metro was the only game I couldn't max out on the 5850. Haven't tried it with the 6950 yet tho. I need to download crysis or something and check it out. Hard to believe it's still this demanding after all this time.

Crytek "future-proofed" Crysis. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but they should have never done so, as it caused such a bad rap when the game came out when no system could run it on Ultra. They should have never released the game with an Ultra setting, and instead patched it in at a later date.