Sign in to follow this  
TropicalPreist

Asus P6T6 Error Code

I don't understand why i keep getting this error code from my mother board. It boots through 00 and then AA. After that it goes to code 10 and stays there. Anyone with an ASUS board get this error?

I don't. What BIOS revision are you running? Is this a fresh build or one that's just started causing problems? Have you cleared your CMOS and reset your BIOS back to default values? Any overclocking? What OS are you running.

00 = Leave BIOS and Pass Control to OS

AA = OS in APIC mode

10 = Resume from S1 (this is the one that baffles me - seems like the wrong place in the sequence)

I don't. What BIOS revision are you running? Is this a fresh build or one that's just started causing problems? Have you cleared your CMOS and reset your BIOS back to default values? Any overclocking? What OS are you running.

00 = Leave BIOS and Pass Control to OS

AA = OS in APIC mode

10 = Resume from S1 (this is the one that baffles me - seems like the wrong place in the sequence)

yeah im not getting it ill try resetting the cmos my bios is 0803.

0803 is the latest BIOS, so you should be good to go there.

Mind posting up your complete hardware specs. and also whether this is a fresh build or a problem that just started popping up on an existing build?

Thanks.

0803 is the latest BIOS, so you should be good to go there.

Mind posting up your complete hardware specs. and also whether this is a fresh build or a problem that just started popping up on an existing build?

Thanks.

It started happening out of nowhere.....i have 6 gig mushkin, i7920, p6t6 main board, hx1000 psu and fresh OS on an SSD Ocz Vertex 2.

Any overclocking or has everything been at stock?

If it were me I'd strip down to minimum hardware build - just enough to attempt a clean boot.

Remove all un-needed peripherals and just a single stick of ram.

While you're stripping down to bare essentials make sure to unplug the power supply from the wall outlet, remove the cmos battery and move the cmos jumper to clear. Once you're down to the bare essentials you can put the cmos battery back in, move the cmos jumper back to save and reconnect the power supply.

See if you can get a boot in this condition. If so get into BIOS and reload your BIOS default values, save and exit and see if you get into Windows. Let me know how it goes.