Msi's Sandy Bridge Lineup

TropicalPreist

did you use the ones with more than 4 PCI_E slots?

MSI boards are generaly good but every person I have known that bought the top end boards with 6 or 8 slots and used them for Folding....the slots will start dieing in a month or less...

Ohh damn im not as excited about that board anymore. But no one has answered my questions...

Wow that mobo makes me wanna do crazy things to it! But why look forward to this line up? Doesn't a i7 920 or 980x chip outperform sandy bridge?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/29/msi-reveals-mad-sandy-bridge-motherboard-with-eight-pcie-slots/

Depends on what you are looking at them for. You will know soon enough !

those board look nice but they just dont last long....

My Eclipse SLI just died after a couple years of pounding on it. IT must have seen 10 CPUs 20 or so sets of memory, way to many graphics cards and voltages run from mild to stupid and it finally let go during a GPU swap. It just would not post. Was an excellent board though.

did you use the ones with more than 4 PCI_E slots?

MSI boards are generaly good but every person I have known that bought the top end boards with 6 or 8 slots and used them for Folding....the slots will start dieing in a month or less...

Ah, yeah that explains why I didn't notice anything then. I've had 1 mATX board (785G, iirc?) with only 1 PCI-E, and 1 P45 ATX board with 2 PCI-E slots, with only 1 being used. The P45 has been in my friends rig for almost 2 years now. (He built it in the summer of 09) and has his Q6600 @2.8 GHz with my old A70 Heatsink.

like I said....many of the main stream everyday SLI and Crossfire (2-slot) boards last and perform very well...but alot of the exotic boards just dont...not sure why

But the everyday board usually are very nice and feature rich

like I said....many of the main stream everyday SLI and Crossfire (2-slot) boards last and perform very well...but alot of the exotic boards just dont...not sure why

They are still in the design process. The extreme multi gpu tech is not at the stage of perfection normal multi gpu tech is.

Except for one that wouldn't take any more than one stick of RAM and the other one that had a resistor burn out (quite nearly soiled myself when I saw the smoke coming out from my pc), I've had good luck with MSI boards. I'm still wondering why you need three BIOS chips though... is it one extensive BIOS, or three separate ones for whatever reason?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm retarded. http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/04/swedish-website-tries-out-sandy-bridge-motherboard-with-bios-rep/