Sign in to follow this  
TropicalPreist

Msi's Sandy Bridge Lineup

WOW i love it. Apart from the RAM. Only 4 DIMMS? :yucky:

Typically uninformed noob...

Like Owl said, Sandy Bridge (at first) is going to be on the socket 1155 platform which is practically identical to the current socket 1156. Which means, 4 RAM slots since the first batch of Sandy Bridge parts, the 1155 ones, are only going to be duals and quads like the current Core i3 to Core i7 800 series. The Core i7 900 series, socket X58, won't be getting a Sandy Bridge part until later on in the year and will be on the socket 2011 platform. Those chips will be quads, hexas, and octos, and will have quad channel memory like the current X58 parts. Basically, socket 1155 will be for the mainstream users like 90% of the member base of OCC, while the socket 2011 chips will be for enthusiasts like RR.

those board look nice but they just dont last long....

whatchu talkin' 'bout willis?

I've based 2 comps off of MSI boards (my mother's and a friend's), and never had a problem with them.

Lol. I thought i had read that sandy bridge was gonna have quad channel so i was surprised at the 4 dimms and i did not read the blurb just looked at pics.

did you use the ones with more than 4 PCI_E slots?

MSI boards are generaly good but every person I have known that bought the top end boards with 6 or 8 slots and used them for Folding....the slots will start dieing in a month or less...

S2011 Sandy Bridges are due around Q3 2011 and will have a quad channel IMC (not triple as bp said).

Well whichever, I knew it'd be more than the 1155 parts but couldn't remember if it was triple or quad. :lol: Thanks for the clarification. (Fixed mine as well. :P)

Well whichever, I knew it'd be more than the 1155 parts but couldn't remember if it was triple or quad. :lol: Thanks for the clarification. (Fixed mine as well. :P)

I was going to reply:

:teehee: