Sign in to follow this  
samrozzi

looking for a blu ray drive and internal HDD

I just recently got a new laptop, Asus G73JH-BST7, and Id like to add a blu ray drive to my laptop but not sure what to look at, I want thinking of this

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Super-Multi-Blu-ray-Combo-CT21N/dp/B003E91KM6

and as for adding a HDD to my laptop, it has a spot for a second drive but no caddy, so I need to think of what to do for that

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148599&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3640576&SID=skim525X832

any thoughts on these 2? Opinions, suggestions? and any solutions for a caddy to hold the drive in place?

laptop cd drives can be super tricky as other than being slim there is no real standard i've found. some have a bracket on the back holding the drive. others have screws that go to the sides, heck some even snap in. i suggest you pull out yours and see what kind of connections (sata/ide) and bolts (holdings) it has.

as for the HDD i have the 320gb version of the same series, great drive and does 70mb+ read compared to an old 120gb i have laying around which barely hits 27mb/s. download HD Tune and run the speed benchmark before running out and getting a new drive unless of course you are really looking for more space.

edit: also that drive is sold by tigerdirect...you might as well just give me your money lol don't deal with tigerdirect for ANY reason because you most likely will get burned

Edited by hornybluecow

ok, well im pretty sure I want the 750gb, i need more space and dont want to carry around my external

and ok, just the blu ray having trouble decide on one, I know that one works, just was hoping for some opinions on others, I really want to add a BR drive.

and I know I can get the official bracket here

http://www.asusparts.eu/product_info.php?products_id=39949

but after shipping it ends up being over 30$ US. so hoping to find something for the HDD.

ebay for the bracket but for a cheap slim drive and BD for that matter is along ways from now. your still looking at $130~+

Idk about the BR drive since the stupid none standard form factors but that Momentus is a sweet choice. I have the 500GB derivative and it's awesome

i would try to go with a LG drive, over the years its the only brand that hasn't failed burning discs. Lite-on is the worst and whoever they outsource to (aka Sony and a few others).

Edited by hornybluecow

i would try to go with a LG drive, over the years its the only brand that hasn't failed burning discs. Lite-on is the worst and whoever they outsource to (aka Sony and a few others).

Yeah LiteOn is garbage but Samsung, Pioneer, Plextor and Asus are all awesome (and LG)

Hello to every one , this is my first post , and i concerned with iphone technologies , their hardwares their internal accesories. for mor info contact us:-) have a nice year..

iphone cracked screen

Edited by Javlin