First gaming build

the_lude

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be warned a very small few have experienced permanent damage flashing but you can find out how to do it here.

You mean like a misflash?? If so, you can always flash back if it's not successful, the 6950 is still a healthy bit better than the 5870

You mean like a misflash?? If so, you can always flash back if it's not successful, the 6950 is still a healthy bit better than the 5870

As this is my first build and might be my first time flashing a GPU.

My only concern is the long run. Will flashing the 6950 to a 6970 present any hardware issues or is it stable?

I appreciate all the help and info.

I never had any problems with flashing cards before, just do your hw on it. And do you have a backup graphics card?? If so, you can always flash back (also backup your current bios)

I've read the article/instructions on the link you provided and it was easy to understand and the process seemed straight forward.

I do not have a back up, but it's something I will look into....if the budget can afford it.

you people and your LCD monitors :P

You can get a 22 inch CRT running 2048x1536 resolution with amazing true to life color depth and true black for under $200 shipped, you just need to have the desk space for it, and make sure your desk can hold 80 pounds haha

Having done 7 different builds, all but one of which are still running, using Asus boards, i can say good choice on the motherboard :D

Check out this link. It's a bit inconclusive but worth looking at.

Thanks for the link. After reading through most of the postings. I'm a little bit more hesitant about flashing the 6950. I'll just have to wait until something becomes stable.

On a happier note. MY PSU comes in today!

Thanks for the link. After reading through most of the postings. I'm a little bit more hesitant about flashing the 6950. I'll just have to wait until something becomes stable.

On a happier note. MY PSU comes in today!

The XFX 750w? Wicked :evilgrin: