SoureCode charecter copy.

SpeedCrazy

Hi guys.

I am working on validating a website which was made by a friend and the site includes lots of non-roman alphabet charecters(Greek/Hebrew/Aramaic/Syrian etc.) and when i copy his source code off of the web to edit and email back to him it copies all these characters as question marks so i get paragraphs like this;(copied from source)

<p id="main"> ?????? ?????? ?????[??? ??[]?????? ][???. ?????? ?????, ?????? ???? ?????????????? ????????1???? e?????. </p>

As you can imagine this gets very tedious when i have to manually copy and paste each snippet from the user-side of the web page. Is there any way to fix this as i am having a hard enough time as it is just validating it let alone re-writing all his foreign text(made especially hard as i dont know any of the languages in question.

Thanks

I would put the blame on the app you are pasting into. It doesn;t support the required character sets. If you're lucky you can change this in the app if not then you will need to find a better tool with unicode support

Ask him for the source code straight up, don't pull it from the web. Even if you could read all the characters, if he uses any server-side code whatsoever, you won't see that by grabbing it off the page because the browser only reads what the server sends it after it's done running.