Sign in to follow this  
amang

Installing an Nvidia GPU for Physx

Thanks Alexandre. I will give it a try.

it's damn hard to find a second hand GTX240 in the market here. A brand new GTX285 is sold at around the same price as a brand new GTX460 here (heaven knows why.......). If you are located in Melbourne, Australia, do you know any place where I can get this 240 card?

What about 250GTS, 9800GT, 8800GT, 260GTX. Try Craigslist or Hard Forum

What about 250GTS, 9800GT, 8800GT, 260GTX. Try Craigslist or Hard Forum

unlike in USA, craiglist is not that popular here. we have an aussie site to find hardware related stuff and i have no luck with that one as well.

unlike in USA, craiglist is not that popular here. we have an aussie site to find hardware related stuff and i have no luck with that one as well.

aww bummer :-/

Yeah maybe try a huge forum or see if there are any aussie specific hardware forums to snag a deal on a 260GTX otherwise I guess just get a 450GTS if it's the same price as the other mentioned cards

just get a gtx 460 from pccasegear for $159.. same price as a 450.. i did.. and then i oc'd it and now it folds and physxs and the world is a happier place lol

anytime dude... i know its only 768mb.. but seriously.. its for physx n folding.. doesnt need more.. shader power is whats needed.. not how much ram it has..

Don't forget the fabled 9600GSO :whistling: many stream processors very powerful card for folding at its price point. In the US at least the go for about $60 if you can still find them. After that the GTS 450 is probably the best card for the money.

Nah if we're gonna recommend 9600's than we've GOT to mention the 8800GT and 9800GT. they are usually the same price pr cheaper while being much better