Corsair memory issue

Hello all.

I have been running my new I7 set-up for the past couple of months and I have yet to be able to run my memory at the factory rated timings and clock speed regardless of settings I have tried. I have manually placed the timings and put the correct voltage in at 9-9-9-24 @1866mhz @1.65 volts (you can only select 1.64 or 1.66 and I tried both) I had heard of running into issues with the QPI needing to be raised a lot to run ram but im not so sure I should run that much QPI (above 1.50 volts). To keep my overclock going I'm running 1.35V Vcore and 1.40V QPI with Load Line Calibration off. There was one place that I heard That some I7's just could not run High MHZ (1866 and beyond) ddr3 ram all together. I'm willing to try just about anything at this point. :dunno: any suggestions are appreciated. Should I used crunchy or creamy?

To anyone that submits advice thank you in advance. Boinker.

Edited by boinker

I agree...

clear the CMOS and try each stick on its own...they should run at rated speed and voltage if they dont RMA them....

Make sure the ram is on the certified ram list for the board if it isnt then you might be out of luck or if it is a BIOS update may fix the issue but DONT flash with that ram

Thanks dr bowtie. ill give that a go tonight. It would be nice if I haf bought the ddr3 2000 rather than this 1866. I went ahead and double checked the certified memory list and did not find mine anywhere so even if it does not work I'm doomed. Oh well, we shall see what happens. I'm almost tempted to fast that it could be something else but that does not master until I eliminate the mem. I will flash my bios tonight if I can find some ram locally.

Correction. I found the corsair approved memory for ddr3 1866. Now I know why I bought the kit I did, the kit I have was 140$. The tr3x6g1866c9d is 260$ from amazon... And good lord is that ever a short list of approved memory. Asus should go on a compatability binge. Lol

Edited by boinker

even then you might find the ram website forum and get some help....

sometimes its just a setting that needs to be changed to get ram working stable...the clue would be if each stick works on their own but not together...if its that way usually a timing needs to be relaxed to get it working that it isnt doing on its own...

I borrowed a friends ram and flashed the bios first. LOL, wasn't I suppose to do that last? Oh well. Anyhow, I tried setting up the timings Manually and found that none of the sticks will operate in any configuration as they are suppose to. I'm going to go to the forums at corsair and see what they have to say. maybe there guys will have the memory I need to make this work... If not I can borrow parts from a friend such as a different chip.

Thanks guys, Ill post what they have to say.

Well, they have told me to test the Find out if its the CPU or the Motherboard. And they did not give any indication as to how. so I'm going to get with Asus and see what they have too say. :rolleyes:

confirm that memory modules are installed in the correct dimm slots

cpu pll = set to 1.86v

qpi dram = set to 1.46v

dram voltage set to = 1.64v

load line calibration enabled

turn off C1E, Intel Thermal Protection and Intel Turbo

to start with set command rate to 3T - if that works tighten to 2T and test again

Edited by wevsspot