AR-fatality

A-DATA XPG 1600G 6GB kit stability issues

hey i havent been able to get my new A-DATA 1600G 6GB CL9 kit stable at its rated specs after trying for some time. i first tried using the given XMP profile but it crashed after a few minutes. I have tried manually clocking the ram @ 1600 9-9-9-24 (stock) and setting the voltage from 1.64-1.7 without any luck. memtest yielded errors after a few minutes every time. i currently have my processor overclocked @ 3.2Ghz at auto settings (1.24V) and my RAM stable at 1282 9-9-9-24. i just cant get the RAM to work any higher for long periods without getting BSODs. Another thing, Currently HW Monitor shows that VIN1 (which i guess is the DRAM voltage is at 1.74) which is very high. Im holding out on a higher overclock on the processor until i get a TRUE 120 or Noctua U12P. Please help me out!

hey guys im counting on ur help to get my ram working at its rated speeds. any ideas? or did i just get a damaged kit of ram?

really appreciate ur help.

I'm kind of surprised at the voltage spec for that memory. Generally most DDR3 memory kits should hit their rated speed and timing at no more than 1.65 dram voltage.

You can try manually setting your QPI/DRAM voltage. It's probably on auto right now. It's safe to bump somewhere between 1.25 and 1.30v.

See if that helps.

I'm kind of surprised at the voltage spec for that memory. Generally most DDR3 memory kits should hit their rated speed and timing at no more than 1.65 dram voltage.

You can try manually setting your QPI/DRAM voltage. It's probably on auto right now. It's safe to bump somewhere between 1.25 and 1.30v.

See if that helps.

yeah i tried setting the qpi/dram manually from 1.25 to 1.35 without any luck. I've basically run out of ideas.

There's always the possibility that you've got a bad kit of memory. Can you exchange it or RMA it?

Have you ran Memtest?

memtest yielded errors after a few minutes every time.

Edited by wevsspot